This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#423: How come my entry is not a Platinum award winner even though it is the first in my category!
The overall number is important. Imagine that there is a terrible design (not talking about yours) should it be the winner just because there was no other competing entry in that category? Mechanisms such as cross ranking, cross category normalized score and threshold levels were incorporated to avoid such issues. When the number of designs in your category are not enough to determine your ranking, we will compare your scores to that of last years, as well as of other categories to ensure that statistical errors are not made. Furthermore Platinum award level status is given to only a top number of all entries, you are not eligible for it just because your entry was the first in a relatively non-competitive design competition category.
Keywords: platinum, winner, first, last, award status, participants
The following questions could be related:
- #1: When was the first time that A' Design Award and Competitions were organized?
- #2: How can I access to winner designs for previous years and competitions?
- #10: When is the last date of submissions for the A' Design Awards & Competitions?
- #20: Do I get any advantages when I win the competition?
- #26: Hi, I registered to enter the competition, I am interested in a couple of categories, however, I cannot decide which to enter without knowing entry deadlines and I looked on the website, but I must have missed it. Can you please give me the entry deadlines for each category and when winners will be announced?
- #38: How can I see the winners?
- #51: What is the current situation of the competitions?
- #67: I did not graduate from a design school or school of art. Can I still apply with my designs or illustrations?
- #76: Where can I see the past entries?
- #90: I am a painter that makes geometrical and abstract artworks that I believe could be applied on textiles, I am searching for producers, what is your suggestion?
- #92: Can I send you my designs so that you can check it if they are good enough for the competition?
- #95: Can you please give me a report of conceptual and design trends of this year?
- #96: Could you please let me know the amount winners are supposed to pay? In the Terms & Conditions it's called "Further Fee", however I couldn't find the amount anywhere on your website.
- #130: I am living outside Italy, how can I receive my award if I won?
- #172: I would like to know if there will be official photographs taken of the award ceremony and whether those photographs will be posted online?
- #173: Our design studio is the winner of the design award, how many people could attend the gala night?
- #174: When will you send the winners package?
- #176: I would like to receive a copy of the award winning designs yearbook, how and where can I have it?
- #183: Will you sell the award book, and will the award book available to public? How Much will the award book cost?
- #190: I'm unable to order by winners kit as it already shows delivered. What should I do?
- #192: I would like to know if I can send my courier to pick-up both Physical Components of the Winner's Kit and the Exhibition Materials for Awarded Design. When can I send the courier?
- #222: Are the contents of our exhibition only the poster of our winning entry or are we allowed to exhibit other projects from our company?
- #243: I have ordered my winner's kit to be shipped to my address, however now I have changed my mind and I will attend the gala-night, what will happen to my kit and what will happen to the order?
- #284: I checked previous and recent press appearances and I think you as an organization are doing well in spreading the news of the award and the competitions and some entries, that is all well , but in most press appearances I found only one instance where one of my projects was featured and there was no mention in any venue to my other awards (at least till now) and it is quite surprising that there are entries that show up in almost every press appearance. Part of why I entered A design award and I am sure all designers are seeking the same target is international media exposure and recognition of their work , and unfortunately I want to get more of that. Tell me what you will do about it?
- #305: Will there be one winner or five winners for a design award category?
- #306: I can submit everything latest by February 28 right?
- #336: My design excellence certificate displays the wrong name.
- #348: Could you provide a little bit information about the award, the history, the number of participants (and from how many countries) and the number of selected projects?
- #349: Who are the participants of the design award? Are they design students, professional designers or design studios and corporations?
- #361: If the design has been awarded in other competition, can I still submit the work?
- #381: I have already registered my entry but I need to know that do I have to pay any money for the first judgment or not? How many times our entry would be judged?
- #402: I have submitted my work and now I have a preliminary score. I would like to know when I have to finish nomination of my project in order to have my work considered for the design award.
- #410: What is the nominal fee incurred for winning a prize?
- #420: Could you please tell me if a work wins the design award who will receive the winner package? The profile owner or the Company that commissioned the work?
- #422: How can I know if I am a winner and got the award?
- #424: Why there are so many winners?
- #430: Could you please clarify if our design is rewarded with the Gold or the Silver award? We were informed that the design achieved the Silver award initially, yet we right now found that the gala night badge saying we won the Gold award. In fact a list of the stage name in the following page also classify us as gold award winner. Could you please help check it for us?
- #433: I do not see my picture or photograph at the Photo Gallery - Winners' Photos and Images Section, will my photo be added there?
- #457: My profile image is not displayed with the rest of the award winning designers, why is that?
- #459: I have noticed that the shipping address of the Winner's Kit is not correct, can you use the correct address as shown on our profile? Can you send to a different address?
- #465: I have not received my award, winner kit and everything else and it's been a long time since the Awards ceremony, how can I have them?
- #475: We didn't go to the awards this year and we have not received any items from you, how can we have our winner kits?
- #478: I won a Platinum award but my trophy is Golden, why is that?
- #483: We are honoured to receive the awards from A'Design Award, however, we did not receive any certificates and packages, how do we get our stuff?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.