This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#399: I have renders, sketches and photos of my design as well as the design itself, which should I send to you?
In order of preference, you should send us whatever looks very good and correct; that means we prefer professional photographs, professional renders, well made sketches for images. If you have a photograph, submit photos, otherwise renderings and finally if you do not have photos or renders you might submit sketches. You could submit the product later for exhibition but we do not ask for the final piece at the first stage of entry.
Keywords: photographs, renders, sketches, photograph, render, sketch, drawing, visuals, images, photos, photo, presentation, presentation guidelines
The following questions could be related:
- #31: I would like to submit my design to your compitation using AutoCAD 2D/3D formats, with some raw detailed views / screen shots / direct exports of my architectural project, is it possible?
- #32: Why can I not submit my designs in native design formats; for example Autocad Drawings (DWG) files for the architectural design competitions? or other CAD formats?
- #42: Can I participate with hand drafting images?
- #79: How many files should we send for a single work, and what is the required format?
- #80: Do I need to send all photos / renders / sketches / views combined as a single image or shall I send all the visuals as separate images?
- #89: I would like to know if I can also attach a video presentation of my design in addition to the images I have already submitted.
- #144: How should I prepare the photo-shots for the Fashion Design Award and Competition category?
- #150: Does it matter to enter description of my design? What is its weight on the scoring?
- #152: For the fashion design award category, do I need to send the picture of actual made garment or will sketch suffice?
- #164: How can I upload higher resolution profile images?
- #166: My yearbook page does not display correctly, how can I fix it?
- #172: I would like to know if there will be official photographs taken of the award ceremony and whether those photographs will be posted online?
- #182: Since I don't have a prototype of my design, I would like to know if there will be posters of the winning designs shown at the exhibition?
- #187: Can I place text with-in the images to better explain them?
- #189: I would like to point out that by presenting the images in the square format nearly half of the presented design content will get lost, as the content is best shown in landscape layout. Can you please suggest any solution to this issue?
- #195: We are trying to upload images for our submission. But when we upload them and submit the page just spins and spins and then says done with no progress. We cannot submit images, can you help?
- #201: Can I submit my design in 3D Max files? or Jpeg from 3D Max? or can I submit my designs as hand sketching?
- #205: Does the competition have separate categories for renderings and finished pieces?
- #206: Do the renderings or concept design submissions have to be produced or made in to finished products at a later stage of the competition?
- #213: My image is larger than 3600x3600 pixels, how can I submit it?
- #221: I want to submit a project, but I do not have renders can I still join?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #233: I have made changes to the pictures in the designs my designs however in while thumbnails show the right images, when I open the images in full size the old picture still opens, how can I fix this?
- #244: I have a project that has won the A' Design Awards and I have a video of this project, can I exhibit the video in the exhibition?
- #252: Regarding the Fashion, Apparel and Garment Design Award, can you please tell me the details of the competition? For example, how many designs are required? Are the designs supposed to be presented in an illustration format or a photo of them as clothing already? Is there any specific theme, concept or audience for the designs?
- #255: It is too difficult to submit entries to the design award, there are too many submission requirements and it is too bureaucratic to enter and nominate works. Is there an easy way to do join?
- #257: If I fix the client / studio section and input my brand info, would it raise my preliminary score?
- #266: We have a presentation design that we would like to submit for the awards consideration, which category does it if?
- #272: Our company usually uses a picture, which isn't created by us, but we have got rights to use it as we bought the image. Can we upload this image to as a part of our project presentation to A' Design Award?
- #274: I have put a substantial amount of effort into all of our submissions to boost my submission analysis scores and each submission has now gained a 99/100 score. Yet I received a low preliminary score. Could you advise what is required to get a better score then I have received.
- #297: Regarding the visual presentation of my design; My design is a multifunctional and dynamic product. Based on the user scenarios the surfaces and the function of the product, the unit changes. It is not possible to explain my design with a single drawing. Because of this reason ; can I prepare one of the visuals as a sheet ( putting some visuals together and animating the scenarios), and one of the visuals as a sheet which contains the dimensions and detailed drawings. Also I want to ask if I can put arrows and notes on the visuals.
- #302: I wanted to ask, how can I get a comment of a project from Preliminary Checking Service? I just uploaded a project description and images. Do I only need to wait or do I need to inform someone that I want to get a preliminary score?
- #304: I am the PR manager of a company which does interior design and recently we did the interior design of a major hotel and I want to submit our project to A' Design Awards. I would like to know, do I have to pick a room or a lobby to submit our work or can I submit the whole hotel project with photographs of each room, lobby and outdoors.
- #310: I would like to know if all the documents attached must be written in English in the design description. Can I use another language in a description document added for the design?
- #311: Are we obliged to credit the photogaphers by providing the names for the image credits section?
- #314: Are the submissions pictorial only or do we need to submit associated text?
- #322: Can I send the design presentation as a drawing on paper?
- #328: Is it recommended to include plans, sections and design schemes as optional images? Or we can only use them in the documentation ?
- #363: I have uploaded my design, how should I apply for Free Preliminary Check?
- #370: Can designs be submitted in sketch forms with hand written details?
- #375: After awards announcement, I notice my presentation score changed, it went to 98 from 100, how come!
- #388: Is it possible to insert photo? (Can I upload a photograph to support my entry)
- #401: I would like to confirm if all the images have to be in square format?
- #419: I would like to ask your images format is RGB or CMYK? Which color format shall I use for the documents and images?
- #433: I do not see my picture or photograph at the Photo Gallery - Winners' Photos and Images Section, will my photo be added there?
- #448: For the main and optional images, please advise if composited image is accepted?
- #457: My profile image is not displayed with the rest of the award winning designers, why is that?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.