This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#150: Does it matter to enter description of my design? What is its weight on the scoring?
Entering background information (description) about your design is almost always positive as it would lead to a higher level of understanding of your project. When people figure out the in-depth thinking of your design, the conceived value of your design will increase proportionally. Furthermore, comprehending the complexity and inner-processes of a design project leads to a better emotional connection with a positive feeling for the audience. The description is considered part of the presentation, and it has a small weight on the overall score, but in reality, if people cannot understand your project, they will not be able to truly judge your project, so that even though the description has trivial weight when scoring, it could actually effect your projects overall score on a substantial level.
Keywords: project description, project table, project presentation, design details, design description, descriptive text for design, design presentation
The following questions could be related:
- #109: Some of the text I enter for the description of my project during uploading such as details, function, inspiration, unique properties, interaction, project duration, production technology, package dimension, tags, research abstract or challenge are not visible when I view design?
- #110: Are there any restrictions or best practices while entering the descriptive texts when uploading my design?
- #111: How can I modify or change my design description and details?
- #169: My page title is wrong in the yearbook how can I change it?
- #187: Can I place text with-in the images to better explain them?
- #230: If I exit out of the entry after saving changes, will I loose all the sections I have filled out if I do not pay before logging out.
- #252: Regarding the Fashion, Apparel and Garment Design Award, can you please tell me the details of the competition? For example, how many designs are required? Are the designs supposed to be presented in an illustration format or a photo of them as clothing already? Is there any specific theme, concept or audience for the designs?
- #297: Regarding the visual presentation of my design; My design is a multifunctional and dynamic product. Based on the user scenarios the surfaces and the function of the product, the unit changes. It is not possible to explain my design with a single drawing. Because of this reason ; can I prepare one of the visuals as a sheet ( putting some visuals together and animating the scenarios), and one of the visuals as a sheet which contains the dimensions and detailed drawings. Also I want to ask if I can put arrows and notes on the visuals.
- #304: I am the PR manager of a company which does interior design and recently we did the interior design of a major hotel and I want to submit our project to A' Design Awards. I would like to know, do I have to pick a room or a lobby to submit our work or can I submit the whole hotel project with photographs of each room, lobby and outdoors.
- #310: I would like to know if all the documents attached must be written in English in the design description. Can I use another language in a description document added for the design?
- #314: Are the submissions pictorial only or do we need to submit associated text?
- #322: Can I send the design presentation as a drawing on paper?
- #328: Is it recommended to include plans, sections and design schemes as optional images? Or we can only use them in the documentation ?
- #363: I have uploaded my design, how should I apply for Free Preliminary Check?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.