This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#448: For the main and optional images, please advise if composited image is accepted?
Composite images are not preferred but they are not banned or declined, in rare cases composite images work very well but in most cases they do not work since press members prefer to publish one good looking image instead of a collage when mentioning designs, single images are also more effective for conveying quality as it has been demonstrated scientifically that instead of putting many images into the same picture, a single better image could be stronger; the reason is that when there are many images, some are good, some are not so good, the perception would tend to average these, not sum them up; so a single good looking image would perform better than a series of images that would be weighted together, once you know this as well as the regression to mean principles, you would always want to upload single but best images, furthermore you could use the PDF to upload further images, as many as you wish, within 40 pages. All this being said, we prefer and highly suggest you to submit a single image as the main image and optional image 1 and you could use composite images if required for optional images 2, 3 or 4 but if possible put the further images to PDF and instead focus on best 5 images for the visual presentation.
Keywords: composite images, image guidelines, image collage, multiple images, images, image, visual, visuals, pictures, picture
The following questions could be related:
- #55: I want to submit a project of Interface Design, Interactive Design, Visualization, Sequential Design, Web Design, or other similar projects that change state over time or by interaction, how can I submit them correctly?
- #79: How many files should we send for a single work, and what is the required format?
- #80: Do I need to send all photos / renders / sketches / views combined as a single image or shall I send all the visuals as separate images?
- #89: I would like to know if I can also attach a video presentation of my design in addition to the images I have already submitted.
- #114: Which types of files can I submit? What are the possible formats?
- #153: I would like to join the Graphics and Advertising Design Competition, Identity and Branding Sub-Category, How and what should I submit?
- #164: How can I upload higher resolution profile images?
- #166: My yearbook page does not display correctly, how can I fix it?
- #187: Can I place text with-in the images to better explain them?
- #189: I would like to point out that by presenting the images in the square format nearly half of the presented design content will get lost, as the content is best shown in landscape layout. Can you please suggest any solution to this issue?
- #195: We are trying to upload images for our submission. But when we upload them and submit the page just spins and spins and then says done with no progress. We cannot submit images, can you help?
- #213: My image is larger than 3600x3600 pixels, how can I submit it?
- #221: I want to submit a project, but I do not have renders can I still join?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #233: I have made changes to the pictures in the designs my designs however in while thumbnails show the right images, when I open the images in full size the old picture still opens, how can I fix this?
- #272: Our company usually uses a picture, which isn't created by us, but we have got rights to use it as we bought the image. Can we upload this image to as a part of our project presentation to A' Design Award?
- #311: Are we obliged to credit the photogaphers by providing the names for the image credits section?
- #370: Can designs be submitted in sketch forms with hand written details?
- #388: Is it possible to insert photo? (Can I upload a photograph to support my entry)
- #399: I have renders, sketches and photos of my design as well as the design itself, which should I send to you?
- #401: I would like to confirm if all the images have to be in square format?
- #419: I would like to ask your images format is RGB or CMYK? Which color format shall I use for the documents and images?
- #421: Do I have to increase all luminosity values for images to 100?
- #433: I do not see my picture or photograph at the Photo Gallery - Winners' Photos and Images Section, will my photo be added there?
- #457: My profile image is not displayed with the rest of the award winning designers, why is that?
- #487: I cannot remove images for my design! How can I an image of my submission?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.