This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#310: I would like to know if all the documents attached must be written in English in the design description. Can I use another language in a description document added for the design?
You should use English for the description document, as well as all text for presenting your entry. Using English for documenting your design ensures that your text is understood by all jury members during voting. Do not use another language please. When the competition is over however, you will be given a chance to provide additional languages and translations for your yearbook texts, for public relations purposes. Our team will also do its best to provide translations in languages that you do not speak.
Keywords: language for description, design presentation, presentation language, design presentation language, design translations
The following questions could be related:
- #150: Does it matter to enter description of my design? What is its weight on the scoring?
- #187: Can I place text with-in the images to better explain them?
- #252: Regarding the Fashion, Apparel and Garment Design Award, can you please tell me the details of the competition? For example, how many designs are required? Are the designs supposed to be presented in an illustration format or a photo of them as clothing already? Is there any specific theme, concept or audience for the designs?
- #297: Regarding the visual presentation of my design; My design is a multifunctional and dynamic product. Based on the user scenarios the surfaces and the function of the product, the unit changes. It is not possible to explain my design with a single drawing. Because of this reason ; can I prepare one of the visuals as a sheet ( putting some visuals together and animating the scenarios), and one of the visuals as a sheet which contains the dimensions and detailed drawings. Also I want to ask if I can put arrows and notes on the visuals.
- #304: I am the PR manager of a company which does interior design and recently we did the interior design of a major hotel and I want to submit our project to A' Design Awards. I would like to know, do I have to pick a room or a lobby to submit our work or can I submit the whole hotel project with photographs of each room, lobby and outdoors.
- #322: Can I send the design presentation as a drawing on paper?
- #328: Is it recommended to include plans, sections and design schemes as optional images? Or we can only use them in the documentation ?
- #363: I have uploaded my design, how should I apply for Free Preliminary Check?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.