This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#363: I have uploaded my design, how should I apply for Free Preliminary Check?
You do not need to apply for a free preliminary check, any design you upload is automatically queued for a preliminary screening by the jury, and it will get reviewed within a few days if the presentation score which is calculated by the advanced submission optimizer is high enough; the advanced submission optimizer checks your design presentation and its compliance to submission guidelines, while the preliminary scores are provided by jury members, however before jury could review your entry, we want to ensure that the presentation is good enough to avoid any negative bias, to do so, we will display your work to jury faster if you get a high presentation score for your entry. Do not get confused about a presentation score (which is calculated automatically by the advanced submission optimizer it is from 0 to 100) and the preliminary score (0 to 10, provided by jury members).
Keywords: presentation score, design score, design presentation score, preliminary check, preliminary checking service
The following questions could be related:
- #92: Can I send you my designs so that you can check it if they are good enough for the competition?
- #94: I am not so sure about which competition category to join for, can you help me?
- #149: How can I learn if my design is applicable, or if my entry be counted or if my design is eligible for winning the award?
- #151: I have received many status updates, what do they mean?
- #161: I have received an email stating that I have passed the preliminaries, but do I need to nominate my submission to win, could you please explain how this works?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #242: I see that my vote went down (or up) after I updated the presentation very slightly, could you explain why this happens?
- #257: If I fix the client / studio section and input my brand info, would it raise my preliminary score?
- #264: My preliminary score decreased after making improvements in design, how is this possible? Which award status will my design have?
- #271: I have uploaded my entry several days ago, but I did not see or receive any updates so far for this entry, its status still seems to be new, I wanted to ask that if there is any absent info for preliminary check?
- #274: I have put a substantial amount of effort into all of our submissions to boost my submission analysis scores and each submission has now gained a 99/100 score. Yet I received a low preliminary score. Could you advise what is required to get a better score then I have received.
- #300: My project got X points from the preliminary tests. Is there any chance to raise my design points to the 9-10 range if I consider and apply your recommendations?
- #302: I wanted to ask, how can I get a comment of a project from Preliminary Checking Service? I just uploaded a project description and images. Do I only need to wait or do I need to inform someone that I want to get a preliminary score?
- #316: I have uploaded the new images. Could I expect a new voting for preliminary score?
- #317: I uploaded my project in order to have a preliminary judging service, but I haven't been able to get it. How can I get it?
- #318: Do we have to nominate each project that we upload to the system. I mean that can we decide to nominate our projects according to the preliminary checks?
- #320: We have just updated all the text fields with better descriptions. However, after we've done that, the preliminary score we received earlier, seems to have disappeared. Is there a particular reason for that? Moreover, is it possible to get a new preliminary score (besides the professional preliminary evaluation) ?
- #330: The preliminary check was not as accurate as I expected, I am an important designer and I deserve to know more about my work.
- #331: Honestly I can't settle with the preliminary score that was given already by the jury member.
- #360: If we choose to get a preliminary evaluation for our design by uploading or work, is it obligatory to nominate the projects later or can we decide and pay the nomination after known the score?
- #366: I would like to know if the nomination procedure is compulsory for each design entry?
- #375: After awards announcement, I notice my presentation score changed, it went to 98 from 100, how come!
- #378: Which is the next stop if our design has passed the preliminary test? Do I have to nominate my design, how can i do it? which is the deadline?
- #381: I have already registered my entry but I need to know that do I have to pay any money for the first judgment or not? How many times our entry would be judged?
- #383: I got different preliminary scores on different dates with different account types, there was one point difference. Has the account type any effect on our score?
- #384: We will not nominate our design due to the negative feedback of the preliminary test but are we obliged to nominate our design or can we participate with another project?
- #391: I would like to ask about registration fees since it is not very clear to me. If I understand it correctly, we can submit our products for free and pay after preliminary checking if the results are good, right?
- #397: Can we submit our products free and decide on nomination after the preliminary score?
- #398: After nominating my work and paying for the nomination, it possible for me to win the prize？
- #414: My friend has not gotten any preliminary score, there is a question mark in her page, how she can get preliminary score?
- #415: I have updated the details of the entry as well as images, but my preliminary score remained the same. Is that because there are no more evaluations before the deadline? I am too late for a preliminary score?
- #441: I had nominated my design and got a Preliminary Evaluation and score. As your suggestion, I am working on editing my design and updates, can I still get a Preliminary Evaluation again with free of charge?
- #442: I recently nominated my design so that I could take advantage of the early nomination fee. I am now a little worried as my submission needs a lot of work and I will be unable to make it perfect for the next few months as my photographer is away. How long do I have to make the required changes to my design please?. As I would like to make it perfect before final judgement. Also will my submission compromised as I nominated the design too early or is it only fully judged at a later date?
- #462: I have uploaded my designs in my hidden cabinet, and I would like to use Preliminary check before nomination. How could i activate this service?
- #470: I have submitted my designs but did not get scores, did I forgot anything?
- #482: May I purchase the entry now, but submit my work later? Do I need to firstly do the Preliminary Score Test ? When can I use the ticket last?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.