This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#419: I would like to ask your images format is RGB or CMYK? Which color format shall I use for the documents and images?
Use RGB always because we will be generating some images based on them and our system is based on RGB. If you upload CMYK files the colors could be displayed incorrectly in our system so we suggest to use RGB for all images uploaded to our platform.
Keywords: RGB, CMYK, image, image guidelines, presentation guidelines
The following questions could be related:
- #79: How many files should we send for a single work, and what is the required format?
- #80: Do I need to send all photos / renders / sketches / views combined as a single image or shall I send all the visuals as separate images?
- #89: I would like to know if I can also attach a video presentation of my design in addition to the images I have already submitted.
- #114: Which types of files can I submit? What are the possible formats?
- #153: I would like to join the Graphics and Advertising Design Competition, Identity and Branding Sub-Category, How and what should I submit?
- #164: How can I upload higher resolution profile images?
- #166: My yearbook page does not display correctly, how can I fix it?
- #187: Can I place text with-in the images to better explain them?
- #189: I would like to point out that by presenting the images in the square format nearly half of the presented design content will get lost, as the content is best shown in landscape layout. Can you please suggest any solution to this issue?
- #195: We are trying to upload images for our submission. But when we upload them and submit the page just spins and spins and then says done with no progress. We cannot submit images, can you help?
- #213: My image is larger than 3600x3600 pixels, how can I submit it?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #233: I have made changes to the pictures in the designs my designs however in while thumbnails show the right images, when I open the images in full size the old picture still opens, how can I fix this?
- #272: Our company usually uses a picture, which isn't created by us, but we have got rights to use it as we bought the image. Can we upload this image to as a part of our project presentation to A' Design Award?
- #297: Regarding the visual presentation of my design; My design is a multifunctional and dynamic product. Based on the user scenarios the surfaces and the function of the product, the unit changes. It is not possible to explain my design with a single drawing. Because of this reason ; can I prepare one of the visuals as a sheet ( putting some visuals together and animating the scenarios), and one of the visuals as a sheet which contains the dimensions and detailed drawings. Also I want to ask if I can put arrows and notes on the visuals.
- #311: Are we obliged to credit the photogaphers by providing the names for the image credits section?
- #314: Are the submissions pictorial only or do we need to submit associated text?
- #328: Is it recommended to include plans, sections and design schemes as optional images? Or we can only use them in the documentation ?
- #370: Can designs be submitted in sketch forms with hand written details?
- #388: Is it possible to insert photo? (Can I upload a photograph to support my entry)
- #399: I have renders, sketches and photos of my design as well as the design itself, which should I send to you?
- #401: I would like to confirm if all the images have to be in square format?
- #421: Do I have to increase all luminosity values for images to 100?
- #433: I do not see my picture or photograph at the Photo Gallery - Winners' Photos and Images Section, will my photo be added there?
- #448: For the main and optional images, please advise if composited image is accepted?
- #457: My profile image is not displayed with the rest of the award winning designers, why is that?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.