This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#314: Are the submissions pictorial only or do we need to submit associated text?
You will need to submit texts for each entry, as well as you have the possibility to provide a link to more details (can be public or for jury only as you would please), you could upload also video and a pdf document optional for providing even more details (up to 40 pages, only seen by jury) if you feel you must communicate the project or if required by the design award category. When you make a submission, you could actually use the submission optimizer which will help you improve your presentation, the submission optimizer was designed for prominent designers who lack time to go through the presentation; i.e. it indicates any errors or issues for images and text. Furthermore, after you upload your project, the preliminary checks will be provided. In addition to descriptive text, you will have possibility provide a list of team members (for design or project teams), and you can also provide image credits and some other information which could be useful for press members to feature your work easier by copy-pasting what you wrote for the description, for that matter especially give importance to the yearbook text of your entry.
Keywords: pictoral entry, design award entry, design award submission, submission guidelines, submission text, descriptive text, text for design, design description, uploading an entry, presentation guidelines
The following questions could be related:
- #110: Are there any restrictions or best practices while entering the descriptive texts when uploading my design?
- #111: How can I modify or change my design description and details?
- #115: If I am submitting to Architectural and Building Design Category, how should my presentation look like? Which kind of Images should I submit?
- #116: I would like to submit to Interior Design Category, how should I prepare presentation? Which kind of Images should I upload?
- #150: Does it matter to enter description of my design? What is its weight on the scoring?
- #169: My page title is wrong in the yearbook how can I change it?
- #297: Regarding the visual presentation of my design; My design is a multifunctional and dynamic product. Based on the user scenarios the surfaces and the function of the product, the unit changes. It is not possible to explain my design with a single drawing. Because of this reason ; can I prepare one of the visuals as a sheet ( putting some visuals together and animating the scenarios), and one of the visuals as a sheet which contains the dimensions and detailed drawings. Also I want to ask if I can put arrows and notes on the visuals.
- #307: Please let us know what are the requirement to enter for the competition, do we need to pay anything?
- #313: I did not understand if it is possible for us, to nominate more than one project in the same category or different categories, if is possible?
- #324: What projects are eligible for the architecture categories: completed and conceptual, or just completed?
- #328: Is it recommended to include plans, sections and design schemes as optional images? Or we can only use them in the documentation ?
- #370: Can designs be submitted in sketch forms with hand written details?
- #399: I have renders, sketches and photos of my design as well as the design itself, which should I send to you?
- #401: I would like to confirm if all the images have to be in square format?
- #419: I would like to ask your images format is RGB or CMYK? Which color format shall I use for the documents and images?
- #437: I am a fashion designer with no company and I would like to apply in a design award and competition how can I apply? and how to do it step by step?
- #449: Do I need to upload Design Interview and Designer Interview when making a submission? Do these refer to designer profile?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.