This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#398: After nominating my work and paying for the nomination, it possible for me to win the prize？
Nomination process means your design would be voted by the jury, and without nomination you cannot win in any case because your design would not be voted by the jury. However a nomination does not mean that your design will win; it will be voted, and the results will be based on the vote your design receives; if your design receives high scores, it could win, if your design receives low scores it could loose, no one can guarantee that your design would win or not, it depends on the votes. You might however get a preliminary score which could be indicative but not decisive; it could give you an insight but the preliminary score is not necessarily accurate; there have been cases where high preliminary score works have been eliminated (mostly due to infringements, trademark issues but regardless, they have been eliminated), and there have been cases where a low preliminary score work was granted an award as the jury voted relatively high for the entry. But, even though it is not accurate or certain, we still suggest you consider the preliminary score when making your decision, it is a sincere score about your chances of victory.
Keywords: preliminary score, preliminary checks, award nomination, award entry, design award nomination, winning the prize, nomination payment, nomination fee
The following questions could be related:
- #139: Can I pay my nomination fee with a bank draft?
- #146: If I upload a design, do I have to make any payments? If I do not nominate a design, will there be a fee for entering this contest?
- #151: I have received many status updates, what do they mean?
- #161: I have received an email stating that I have passed the preliminaries, but do I need to nominate my submission to win, could you please explain how this works?
- #202: I have nominated my entry by paying with Wiretransfer, but it still shows as PENDING CONFIRMATION for the status, how many days does it take for my transaction to be approved?
- #210: My credit card will not be accepted when I try to pay the nomination fee?
- #224: I would like to check if I can pay via credit card to purchase the nomination ticket for the early-bird period now, and then submit the design work later?
- #225: What is a Nomination Ticket?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #231: Is the nomination fee per image or per entry?
- #242: I see that my vote went down (or up) after I updated the presentation very slightly, could you explain why this happens?
- #248: I am interested in applying for the design awards, am I right in thinking that there are no fees for submitting work? Also are there any fees thereafter, for example for getting shortlisted?
- #254: I do not know why I could not pay for my submission. I have successfully nominated three of my other projects. Could you please tell me if there is something wrong with the payment system or if you could suggest other ways of payment?
- #256: How can I know if my design project is good enough to win the contest?
- #257: If I fix the client / studio section and input my brand info, would it raise my preliminary score?
- #264: My preliminary score decreased after making improvements in design, how is this possible? Which award status will my design have?
- #268: I like to participate with a project but I am confused about nomination prices. Could you give me the price of participation? If you win an award, how much it cost when you have won it?
- #271: I have uploaded my entry several days ago, but I did not see or receive any updates so far for this entry, its status still seems to be new, I wanted to ask that if there is any absent info for preliminary check?
- #274: I have put a substantial amount of effort into all of our submissions to boost my submission analysis scores and each submission has now gained a 99/100 score. Yet I received a low preliminary score. Could you advise what is required to get a better score then I have received.
- #299: Why was my preliminary score decreased from 7 to 6 after I improved and modified all suggestions from preliminary jury?
- #300: My project got X points from the preliminary tests. Is there any chance to raise my design points to the 9-10 range if I consider and apply your recommendations?
- #303: We would like to add our product to you award competition. However, it is not entirely clear how much we would have to pay in fees for this - could you please clarify.
- #307: Please let us know what are the requirement to enter for the competition, do we need to pay anything?
- #312: Can I upload different design works to participate different design competition categories with one account, how to operate?
- #313: I did not understand if it is possible for us, to nominate more than one project in the same category or different categories, if is possible?
- #314: Are the submissions pictorial only or do we need to submit associated text?
- #316: I have uploaded the new images. Could I expect a new voting for preliminary score?
- #317: I uploaded my project in order to have a preliminary judging service, but I haven't been able to get it. How can I get it?
- #318: Do we have to nominate each project that we upload to the system. I mean that can we decide to nominate our projects according to the preliminary checks?
- #320: We have just updated all the text fields with better descriptions. However, after we've done that, the preliminary score we received earlier, seems to have disappeared. Is there a particular reason for that? Moreover, is it possible to get a new preliminary score (besides the professional preliminary evaluation) ?
- #324: What projects are eligible for the architecture categories: completed and conceptual, or just completed?
- #326: Can we know the final fee before nominating each work?
- #327: Are we obligated to pay the fees after we see the final price by uploading our work and receiving a preliminary score but decide not to participate?
- #330: The preliminary check was not as accurate as I expected, I am an important designer and I deserve to know more about my work.
- #331: Honestly I can't settle with the preliminary score that was given already by the jury member.
- #335: At the end of the competition, I would like to ask you about preliminary score, it decreased the last day, can you please increase it?
- #346: Why the nomination fees differentiate based on entry period.
- #360: If we choose to get a preliminary evaluation for our design by uploading or work, is it obligatory to nominate the projects later or can we decide and pay the nomination after known the score?
- #366: I would like to know if the nomination procedure is compulsory for each design entry?
- #375: After awards announcement, I notice my presentation score changed, it went to 98 from 100, how come!
- #376: If we apply a project as a group of two (2) people, in this case which is the fee due for nomination?
- #378: Which is the next stop if our design has passed the preliminary test? Do I have to nominate my design, how can i do it? which is the deadline?
- #381: I have already registered my entry but I need to know that do I have to pay any money for the first judgment or not? How many times our entry would be judged?
- #383: I got different preliminary scores on different dates with different account types, there was one point difference. Has the account type any effect on our score?
- #384: We will not nominate our design due to the negative feedback of the preliminary test but are we obliged to nominate our design or can we participate with another project?
- #391: I would like to ask about registration fees since it is not very clear to me. If I understand it correctly, we can submit our products for free and pay after preliminary checking if the results are good, right?
- #397: Can we submit our products free and decide on nomination after the preliminary score?
- #414: My friend has not gotten any preliminary score, there is a question mark in her page, how she can get preliminary score?
- #415: I have updated the details of the entry as well as images, but my preliminary score remained the same. Is that because there are no more evaluations before the deadline? I am too late for a preliminary score?
- #437: I am a fashion designer with no company and I would like to apply in a design award and competition how can I apply? and how to do it step by step?
- #441: I had nominated my design and got a Preliminary Evaluation and score. As your suggestion, I am working on editing my design and updates, can I still get a Preliminary Evaluation again with free of charge?
- #442: I recently nominated my design so that I could take advantage of the early nomination fee. I am now a little worried as my submission needs a lot of work and I will be unable to make it perfect for the next few months as my photographer is away. How long do I have to make the required changes to my design please?. As I would like to make it perfect before final judgement. Also will my submission compromised as I nominated the design too early or is it only fully judged at a later date?
- #452: I would like to ask if the nomination fee is assigned for several projects by participants or for one selected project?
- #453: Is there any fee for submitting our concept designs and nominating our design concepts for competition?
- #462: I have uploaded my designs in my hidden cabinet, and I would like to use Preliminary check before nomination. How could i activate this service?
- #470: I have submitted my designs but did not get scores, did I forgot anything?
- #476: My better design got a worse preliminary score than my other design, why is that and how does it happen?
- #482: May I purchase the entry now, but submit my work later? Do I need to firstly do the Preliminary Score Test ? When can I use the ticket last?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.