This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#453: Is there any fee for submitting our concept designs and nominating our design concepts for competition?
The design competition is organised under two phases. The first phase is submission; you upload your design free of charge and get a preliminary score that tells how good your design is. The second phase is nomination; in most cases, there is a free required to nominate, but you can decide based on your free preliminary score to nominate or not to nominate.
Keywords: nomination fee, submission fee, entry fee, award fee, competition fee, fee
The following questions could be related:
- #19: How much do I have to pay if I submit a piece of work?
- #33: How much is the fee required to enter the competition?
- #48: How much is the processing fee, is it per design?
- #65: I do not have the sufficient funds to cover for the processing fees and payments, do you have any suggestions?
- #96: Could you please let me know the amount winners are supposed to pay? In the Terms & Conditions it's called "Further Fee", however I couldn't find the amount anywhere on your website.
- #105: How can I make a payment?
- #108: I have mistakenly paid the processing fees twice for the same design, could you make a refund?
- #117: How can I register to the RSS Feeds for your website?
- #121: Is there any other payments after paying the processing fees?
- #137: Do we need to pay any extra fees if we do not win the competition?
- #139: Can I pay my nomination fee with a bank draft?
- #141: What are the economical benefits of winning the A' Design Award?
- #146: If I upload a design, do I have to make any payments? If I do not nominate a design, will there be a fee for entering this contest?
- #171: Will the winners be accommodated and their travel expenses paid for joining the gala-night?
- #202: I have nominated my entry by paying with Wiretransfer, but it still shows as PENDING CONFIRMATION for the status, how many days does it take for my transaction to be approved?
- #210: My credit card will not be accepted when I try to pay the nomination fee?
- #218: What is the competition fee in American Dollars? How much does it cost to join the competition from Australia? How much is the competition fee in my local currency?
- #231: Is the nomination fee per image or per entry?
- #234: I see from the calendar that the next edition costs less, can I submit for the next edition to have a discounted entry?
- #248: I am interested in applying for the design awards, am I right in thinking that there are no fees for submitting work? Also are there any fees thereafter, for example for getting shortlisted?
- #254: I do not know why I could not pay for my submission. I have successfully nominated three of my other projects. Could you please tell me if there is something wrong with the payment system or if you could suggest other ways of payment?
- #268: I like to participate with a project but I am confused about nomination prices. Could you give me the price of participation? If you win an award, how much it cost when you have won it?
- #283: I have a question: flights and accommodation to join the a design award gala-night, do I have to pay flight and accommodation from my personal winner? Do you pay for my travel, accommodation and leisure?
- #303: We would like to add our product to you award competition. However, it is not entirely clear how much we would have to pay in fees for this - could you please clarify.
- #307: Please let us know what are the requirement to enter for the competition, do we need to pay anything?
- #326: Can we know the final fee before nominating each work?
- #327: Are we obligated to pay the fees after we see the final price by uploading our work and receiving a preliminary score but decide not to participate?
- #329: If I pay the nomination fee with my own currency, will it be automatically converted to my currency? Will there be additional costs?
- #346: Why the nomination fees differentiate based on entry period.
- #376: If we apply a project as a group of two (2) people, in this case which is the fee due for nomination?
- #384: We will not nominate our design due to the negative feedback of the preliminary test but are we obliged to nominate our design or can we participate with another project?
- #391: I would like to ask about registration fees since it is not very clear to me. If I understand it correctly, we can submit our products for free and pay after preliminary checking if the results are good, right?
- #398: After nominating my work and paying for the nomination, it possible for me to win the prize？
- #410: What is the nominal fee incurred for winning a prize?
- #415: I have updated the details of the entry as well as images, but my preliminary score remained the same. Is that because there are no more evaluations before the deadline? I am too late for a preliminary score?
- #416: Hello! I am new in design competitions and I would like to know why I have to pay so much money in order to participate in the competition. Thanks!
- #443: Hi, I would like to know if United States citizens are eligible to participate in this design award? Would the fees be the same?
- #451: I got an email about exhibition shipment custom duty fees, what is this about! Is not the exhibition is free?
- #452: I would like to ask if the nomination fee is assigned for several projects by participants or for one selected project?
- #469: Why do I have to pay Value Added Tax?
- #480: We really wish to join as a company, unfortunately we don’t have marketing budget available to submit.
- #481: I have a nomination ticket that I haven’t used and when I go through the steps to pay and use the nominated ticket there is still a fee shown, how can that be?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.