This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#476: My better design got a worse preliminary score than my other design, why is that and how does it happen?
There are actually several logical explanations; first of all, your better design and your other design could have been voted by different preliminary jury members, which would result in a different preliminary score, and actually this situation also underlines once again the importance of a grand jury panel which we have; while in preliminary evaluation you could have your entry voted by one or two jury members resulting in personal opinions to have a large effect, the grand jury voting reduces individual biases as entries are voted by many people. Secondly, your perception of what is good design might differentiate from the that of preliminary jury members that had voted; especially based on entry criteria, but in any case, once entries are voted by the grand jury after nomination, you could expect to have a more solid result.
Keywords: jury voting, preliminary score, jury, score, voting
The following questions could be related:
- #132: I cannot see my design when not logged in?
- #242: I see that my vote went down (or up) after I updated the presentation very slightly, could you explain why this happens?
- #247: I wanted to inquire on what is the average time duration for the free preliminary evaluation to complete to know if our designs are adequate for nomination.
- #256: How can I know if my design project is good enough to win the contest?
- #257: If I fix the client / studio section and input my brand info, would it raise my preliminary score?
- #264: My preliminary score decreased after making improvements in design, how is this possible? Which award status will my design have?
- #271: I have uploaded my entry several days ago, but I did not see or receive any updates so far for this entry, its status still seems to be new, I wanted to ask that if there is any absent info for preliminary check?
- #274: I have put a substantial amount of effort into all of our submissions to boost my submission analysis scores and each submission has now gained a 99/100 score. Yet I received a low preliminary score. Could you advise what is required to get a better score then I have received.
- #299: Why was my preliminary score decreased from 7 to 6 after I improved and modified all suggestions from preliminary jury?
- #300: My project got X points from the preliminary tests. Is there any chance to raise my design points to the 9-10 range if I consider and apply your recommendations?
- #302: I wanted to ask, how can I get a comment of a project from Preliminary Checking Service? I just uploaded a project description and images. Do I only need to wait or do I need to inform someone that I want to get a preliminary score?
- #316: I have uploaded the new images. Could I expect a new voting for preliminary score?
- #317: I uploaded my project in order to have a preliminary judging service, but I haven't been able to get it. How can I get it?
- #318: Do we have to nominate each project that we upload to the system. I mean that can we decide to nominate our projects according to the preliminary checks?
- #320: We have just updated all the text fields with better descriptions. However, after we've done that, the preliminary score we received earlier, seems to have disappeared. Is there a particular reason for that? Moreover, is it possible to get a new preliminary score (besides the professional preliminary evaluation) ?
- #330: The preliminary check was not as accurate as I expected, I am an important designer and I deserve to know more about my work.
- #331: Honestly I can't settle with the preliminary score that was given already by the jury member.
- #335: At the end of the competition, I would like to ask you about preliminary score, it decreased the last day, can you please increase it?
- #350: Who are the jury, and a little description about how professional are they?
- #360: If we choose to get a preliminary evaluation for our design by uploading or work, is it obligatory to nominate the projects later or can we decide and pay the nomination after known the score?
- #363: I have uploaded my design, how should I apply for Free Preliminary Check?
- #375: After awards announcement, I notice my presentation score changed, it went to 98 from 100, how come!
- #378: Which is the next stop if our design has passed the preliminary test? Do I have to nominate my design, how can i do it? which is the deadline?
- #381: I have already registered my entry but I need to know that do I have to pay any money for the first judgment or not? How many times our entry would be judged?
- #383: I got different preliminary scores on different dates with different account types, there was one point difference. Has the account type any effect on our score?
- #384: We will not nominate our design due to the negative feedback of the preliminary test but are we obliged to nominate our design or can we participate with another project?
- #389: I noticed there are nominations...This is a concern because if it is dependent on how popular- how many likes you get from public - how can a single person compete against large design firms who can draw on a good response from great audiences?
- #397: Can we submit our products free and decide on nomination after the preliminary score?
- #398: After nominating my work and paying for the nomination, it possible for me to win the prize？
- #414: My friend has not gotten any preliminary score, there is a question mark in her page, how she can get preliminary score?
- #415: I have updated the details of the entry as well as images, but my preliminary score remained the same. Is that because there are no more evaluations before the deadline? I am too late for a preliminary score?
- #441: I had nominated my design and got a Preliminary Evaluation and score. As your suggestion, I am working on editing my design and updates, can I still get a Preliminary Evaluation again with free of charge?
- #462: I have uploaded my designs in my hidden cabinet, and I would like to use Preliminary check before nomination. How could i activate this service?
- #470: I have submitted my designs but did not get scores, did I forgot anything?
- #482: May I purchase the entry now, but submit my work later? Do I need to firstly do the Preliminary Score Test ? When can I use the ticket last?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.