This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#264: My preliminary score decreased after making improvements in design, how is this possible? Which award status will my design have?
Your preliminary score could decrease after making improvements, under several conditions: 1. You recent changes could have result in a poorer presentation (such as overcrowding, over-complicating or over-simplifying the presentation). 2. A different jury member could have evaluated your project; since jury members cannot see the score of the previous jury member who had voted on the project, if a different jury member had voted your project again, it is possible that you got a different score. 3. You could have changed your design which results in a different understanding by the jury member who had provided a preliminary score. In any case, the preliminary score is not your final score, but of course if you had received several preliminary scores, their average could give you a stronger indication of the expected results. Your award status cannot be truly determined by the preliminary score since the preliminary score is provided by one or two jury members while the final score will be voted by the jury panel. If you would wish to receive a new preliminary score to your design, simply update the project without making any changes and thus your project will be re-queued for preliminary checks.
Keywords: preliminary score changes, decrease in preliminary score, preliminary checks
The following questions could be related:
- #151: I have received many status updates, what do they mean?
- #161: I have received an email stating that I have passed the preliminaries, but do I need to nominate my submission to win, could you please explain how this works?
- #229: I have submitted a design with images, but received an email stating that there is not any images, is there anything wrong with my submission?
- #242: I see that my vote went down (or up) after I updated the presentation very slightly, could you explain why this happens?
- #316: I have uploaded the new images. Could I expect a new voting for preliminary score?
- #317: I uploaded my project in order to have a preliminary judging service, but I haven't been able to get it. How can I get it?
- #318: Do we have to nominate each project that we upload to the system. I mean that can we decide to nominate our projects according to the preliminary checks?
- #320: We have just updated all the text fields with better descriptions. However, after we've done that, the preliminary score we received earlier, seems to have disappeared. Is there a particular reason for that? Moreover, is it possible to get a new preliminary score (besides the professional preliminary evaluation) ?
- #330: The preliminary check was not as accurate as I expected, I am an important designer and I deserve to know more about my work.
- #331: Honestly I can't settle with the preliminary score that was given already by the jury member.
- #366: I would like to know if the nomination procedure is compulsory for each design entry?
- #375: After awards announcement, I notice my presentation score changed, it went to 98 from 100, how come!
- #378: Which is the next stop if our design has passed the preliminary test? Do I have to nominate my design, how can i do it? which is the deadline?
- #381: I have already registered my entry but I need to know that do I have to pay any money for the first judgment or not? How many times our entry would be judged?
- #383: I got different preliminary scores on different dates with different account types, there was one point difference. Has the account type any effect on our score?
- #384: We will not nominate our design due to the negative feedback of the preliminary test but are we obliged to nominate our design or can we participate with another project?
- #391: I would like to ask about registration fees since it is not very clear to me. If I understand it correctly, we can submit our products for free and pay after preliminary checking if the results are good, right?
- #398: After nominating my work and paying for the nomination, it possible for me to win the prize？
- #414: My friend has not gotten any preliminary score, there is a question mark in her page, how she can get preliminary score?
- #441: I had nominated my design and got a Preliminary Evaluation and score. As your suggestion, I am working on editing my design and updates, can I still get a Preliminary Evaluation again with free of charge?
- #442: I recently nominated my design so that I could take advantage of the early nomination fee. I am now a little worried as my submission needs a lot of work and I will be unable to make it perfect for the next few months as my photographer is away. How long do I have to make the required changes to my design please?. As I would like to make it perfect before final judgement. Also will my submission compromised as I nominated the design too early or is it only fully judged at a later date?
- #462: I have uploaded my designs in my hidden cabinet, and I would like to use Preliminary check before nomination. How could i activate this service?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.