This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#443: Hi, I would like to know if United States citizens are eligible to participate in this design award? Would the fees be the same?
Yes, United States citizens as well as any citizen of any other country plus stateless people who do not have citizenship to any country can join. The competition is open to all countries. The entry fees are the same for each country.
Keywords: eligibility, citizen, citizenship, terms, fees
The following questions could be related:
- #8: Do I need to have an affiliation with a design company, design organization or design related institution to join the A' Design Competition?
- #9: Do I need to be a designer, or a design graduate to join the A' Design Award and Competition?
- #19: How much do I have to pay if I submit a piece of work?
- #33: How much is the fee required to enter the competition?
- #52: Can I join this competition?
- #65: I do not have the sufficient funds to cover for the processing fees and payments, do you have any suggestions?
- #74: What are the eligibility age for custom design competitions?
- #85: I have a patented structural system for furniture, am I eligible for the furniture design competition?
- #96: Could you please let me know the amount winners are supposed to pay? In the Terms & Conditions it's called "Further Fee", however I couldn't find the amount anywhere on your website.
- #100: Where I can download PDF of the Terms and Condition? Where are the Contest Rules?
- #105: How can I make a payment?
- #121: Is there any other payments after paying the processing fees?
- #134: I am interested in joining the Design competition, but I do not have the copyrights or patents regarding my idea/design. I would like to know if I am eligible without them. If I apply without a patent, what could ensure that my idea/design is secure, how can I protect my design/idea.
- #137: Do we need to pay any extra fees if we do not win the competition?
- #141: What are the economical benefits of winning the A' Design Award?
- #146: If I upload a design, do I have to make any payments? If I do not nominate a design, will there be a fee for entering this contest?
- #149: How can I learn if my design is applicable, or if my entry be counted or if my design is eligible for winning the award?
- #171: Will the winners be accommodated and their travel expenses paid for joining the gala-night?
- #177: We have our products ready for manufacturing but they are not yet manufactured, would our products still be considered for this years competition?
- #194: Can any one person enter the competion, or do I have to be part of a company?
- #199: I have an approved patent for my design, can I still join the design competition?
- #209: Can you tell me if submissions need to have been created in the last year or if they can have been created at any time?
- #218: What is the competition fee in American Dollars? How much does it cost to join the competition from Australia? How much is the competition fee in my local currency?
- #231: Is the nomination fee per image or per entry?
- #234: I see from the calendar that the next edition costs less, can I submit for the next edition to have a discounted entry?
- #248: I am interested in applying for the design awards, am I right in thinking that there are no fees for submitting work? Also are there any fees thereafter, for example for getting shortlisted?
- #251: I would like to know if there is only specific projects that can be submitted for car design award - for example specific range of car design - for automotive design sector - or any type of car design can be submitted to the car design award?
- #283: I have a question: flights and accommodation to join the a design award gala-night, do I have to pay flight and accommodation from my personal winner? Do you pay for my travel, accommodation and leisure?
- #295: Is it possible to enter the design competition with a design which I entered to another competition before?
- #303: We would like to add our product to you award competition. However, it is not entirely clear how much we would have to pay in fees for this - could you please clarify.
- #307: Please let us know what are the requirement to enter for the competition, do we need to pay anything?
- #321: We would like to upload few of our projects to the Design Awards. But the thing is that one of them was sent to different architectural competition. Can we use the same project to participate in your competition? Please let us know if it's not against your policies, so we can go ahead and upload our concepts to your website.
- #323: I am planning to submit one of my design to the awards. Would it be possible for me to submit the exact same product to another competition?
- #324: What projects are eligible for the architecture categories: completed and conceptual, or just completed?
- #326: Can we know the final fee before nominating each work?
- #334: What is the public release date of the product in order to apply for the design award?
- #337: Is there any limitation about number of people in a design team?
- #338: Is there any limitations for participating in different fields or design award categories?
- #346: Why the nomination fees differentiate based on entry period.
- #359: If I register but change my mind about submitting my work, am I still liable to pay fees?
- #373: Is there a criteria for product design where it must be in distributed and available for retail through any specific timeline?
- #376: If we apply a project as a group of two (2) people, in this case which is the fee due for nomination?
- #379: Could you please inform me that how many different projects can I submit in the same year? Additionally, can I submit a project which won a different Design Award prize?
- #380: I'd like to submit my work for a competition, but I'm not sure if it's eligible. It's a logo that got rejected by the client, therefore not realized. Is that work eligible for a competition or not?
- #382: I an planning to attend the competition, but still I have a doubt. Do I have to send to A'Design Award & Competition the real product, or just the images and texts?
- #390: Is it necessary that the design must be published in same year of award entry?
- #391: I would like to ask about registration fees since it is not very clear to me. If I understand it correctly, we can submit our products for free and pay after preliminary checking if the results are good, right?
- #393: Is there any condition about availability of the product on the market, e.g. products have to be on the market till the end of this year?
- #394: Can I submit my old works or can our company can submit old products?
- #407: Is it required for submission that the product is new design? For example can I submit a product I designed several years ago?
- #408: Is there a specific requirement for when the submitted project was completed? (How recently completed can a project be? Also, how old can a project be to qualify?)
- #410: What is the nominal fee incurred for winning a prize?
- #411: Should we need Client approval when we are going to apply for the design award?
- #416: Hello! I am new in design competitions and I would like to know why I have to pay so much money in order to participate in the competition. Thanks!
- #418: I would like to apply for a project which is already online on my personal website. Is that against the terms and conditions?
- #427: After being awarded the prestigious A' Design Award with my project this year, I have been approached by someone from another international competition with an invitation to participate with the same project in their competition free of charge, Am I allowed to do that? Do the regulations of the A' Design Award allow me to send in the project to another competition?
- #429: My design incorporates some third party elements, does this violate any terms and conditions?
- #451: I got an email about exhibition shipment custom duty fees, what is this about! Is not the exhibition is free?
- #458: I am an extremely talented minor, I am not yet able to vote in my country, can I join the design competition?
- #461: I wonder, if I could submit my work just as the design, is it possible? I mean can I just send only the sketch, rendering, concept but not the actual product for ward consideration?
- #477: The status says REJECTED for my entry but I have paid for this entry to be nominated. What does that mean when my entry is REJECTED?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.