This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#445: When submitting an entry there is no sub-category suggestion, how do we choose sub-category of the design?
You do not have to choose the sub-category when making a nomination, however you could and should emphasise on the sub-category for which your design would have advantage when preparing the submission text, especially for unique properties section or challenges section you could emphasise the sub-category.
Keywords: sub-category, design sub-category, subcategory, design subcategory, categories, subcategories, design award category
The following questions could be related:
- #5: Can I apply for multiple categories?
- #36: Can I apply with the same design to multiple competitions?
- #44: Is there a discount for submitting the same article (design/entry) to multiple categories?
- #88: What kind of design do I need to do to apply A' Design Award and Competitions?
- #102: We are a package design studio, we like to submit our designs to the package design competition, what are the different kind of products that we can submit?
- #106: What kind of interiors can I submit to the Interior Design Category?
- #123: Can you summarize what type of designs can I send to each category in Italian please?
- #142: What kinds of forms can I join the fashion and jewelry design competition category with?
- #175: For fashion design award category, I would like to clarify if submitting many outfits is acceptable as a single submission or Just only one outfit consisted of many garments is acceptable as a single submission?
- #205: Does the competition have separate categories for renderings and finished pieces?
- #239: When applying to architecture and interior design categories, do the projects have to be executed and built? Can we submit projects that are designed and rendered on computer?
- #240: How many projects can we submit to Excellence in Design Award?
- #241: Is it possible to register the same project to more than one category?
- #309: Will the intellectual property rights of the designer be protected as a result of the submission of the design?
- #312: Can I upload different design works to participate different design competition categories with one account, how to operate?
- #313: I did not understand if it is possible for us, to nominate more than one project in the same category or different categories, if is possible?
- #333: I am planning to nominate the same design to multiple categories by making two nominations, how should I prepare the presentation? Can I use the same presentation for both?
- #338: Is there any limitations for participating in different fields or design award categories?
- #340: I have submitted my design. But I haven't got a patent yet. Is it safe (my design will not be stolen) if I submit my design? If there is a risk for me losing the patent of my design, I might think again before joining the competition?
- #341: Can I join the design award competition without a patent?
- #342: Is it possible to participate in 2 or 3 different categories as a designer?
- #367: We designed a building and we did both interior design and architecture, which category shall we join?
- #396: Can I submit my design into many categories? If yes how do I do that?
- #450: If the winner design is in a concealed category, will these works be displayed in the award ceremony in the screen or stage?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.