This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#367: We designed a building and we did both interior design and architecture, which category shall we join?
If you are an architect, architecture studio or large construction company who designed, constructed or realized a building as well as its interior decoration, than you can apply for both architecture and interior design categories, if you like you could even apply the same building to both categories by making two different nominations; for each category, you must focus on different aspects in your presentation, for architectural award category, the best practice is to upload an exterior of the building as main image as well as details from main interior zones or structural design as optional images. For the interior award, the best practice is to focus only on the interiors, showing unique details from different zones. Furthermore, the decision depends on what you wish to promote; if you wish to promote your architectural design capabilities you should join the architectural design award, otherwise if you want to highlight your interior design excellence, join the interior design excellence, if your team is capable for both, you should perhaps nominate the work for both categories, making two different presentations.
Keywords: interior design award, architectural design award, architectural work, interior work, interior, architecture, architectural, interior design, multiple nomination, design award category
The following questions could be related:
- #36: Can I apply with the same design to multiple competitions?
- #54: I am submitting an architectural project; can I submit the project file - for example the DWG file or other source files?
- #106: What kind of interiors can I submit to the Interior Design Category?
- #107: I would like to apply to the Interior Design competion, and would like to know what type of building will I be designing, the total area, the restrictions, and the requirements.
- #115: If I am submitting to Architectural and Building Design Category, how should my presentation look like? Which kind of Images should I submit?
- #116: I would like to submit to Interior Design Category, how should I prepare presentation? Which kind of Images should I upload?
- #127: I am an interior designer, can I join the competition with an industrial project into a category different from interior design?
- #175: For fashion design award category, I would like to clarify if submitting many outfits is acceptable as a single submission or Just only one outfit consisted of many garments is acceptable as a single submission?
- #239: When applying to architecture and interior design categories, do the projects have to be executed and built? Can we submit projects that are designed and rendered on computer?
- #240: How many projects can we submit to Excellence in Design Award?
- #288: What are the requirements to participate in the exhibition for spatial design projects?
- #304: I am the PR manager of a company which does interior design and recently we did the interior design of a major hotel and I want to submit our project to A' Design Awards. I would like to know, do I have to pick a room or a lobby to submit our work or can I submit the whole hotel project with photographs of each room, lobby and outdoors.
- #312: Can I upload different design works to participate different design competition categories with one account, how to operate?
- #313: I did not understand if it is possible for us, to nominate more than one project in the same category or different categories, if is possible?
- #324: What projects are eligible for the architecture categories: completed and conceptual, or just completed?
- #333: I am planning to nominate the same design to multiple categories by making two nominations, how should I prepare the presentation? Can I use the same presentation for both?
- #339: Is there a possibility to submit three different models of the same design in one only ID#. How do you recommend me to do it? Is there a possibility to still submit three main images and four optional images for each of them? Other ways I would only submit one because the optional ones are important to understand the object. Can i submit as well one sketch drawing in each group?
- #379: Could you please inform me that how many different projects can I submit in the same year? Additionally, can I submit a project which won a different Design Award prize?
- #396: Can I submit my design into many categories? If yes how do I do that?
- #445: When submitting an entry there is no sub-category suggestion, how do we choose sub-category of the design?
- #446: Please advice if both built (realised) and conceptual projects would be judged within the same design award sub-category or category.
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.