This is the public profile of Anne-Christin Schmitt, Additional information and high-resolution images are available for accredited press members, to access additional information about Anne-Christin Schmitt please login as a press member.
View Larger Image and Additional Photos of Anne-Christin SchmittSTATEMENT OF ART:
About Anne-Christin Schmitt : The Berlin based brand Gretchen was founded in 2006 by Anne-Christin and Michael Georg Schmitt. At Gretchen you can find the perfect bag for every occasion. Regardless if you want a bag for everyday life, a big handbag, a shoulder bag, a cross-over, a pouch, a clutch, or casual evening bag. The colorful collections, which are designed by Anne-Christin Schmitt, are elegant and timeless. The Gretchen product lines consist of matching gloves, purses, smartphone- and tablet cases and many other small leather goods. Gretchen only uses the most precious and exclusive leathers and fabrics. Gretchen bags, gloves and small leather goods from the designer Anne-Christin Schmitt are available worldwide at various department- and concept stores as well as in exclusive boutiques and shops - you can also get them in our Gretchen online shop here on www.mygretchen.com and as well as in one of our own Gretchen stores. Like Berlin, Gretchens leather goods and bags are designed with a charming purist and colorful appearance. A connection between artistic constructed elements and independent shapes and silhouettes form a unique modern and timeless coolness. Anne-Christin Schmitt keeps clear lines, remarkable shapes and balanced material combinations in her focus. Design is only half of the equation. The other half is the material itself. Gretchen Berlin stands for highest quality by using the best leathers and fabrics with the most brilliant colors and an incomparable softness. All Gretchen accessories are handcrafted by leather good craftsmen in traditional manufactories in Italy and Spain.
Whether you design handbags or other accessories or clothes: I believe that the important thing is to find your own way to it. There are certainly many ways how to work in design, but like my own example shows you don’t necessarily have to study design, as long as you are passionate about design anyway.
Apart from my very own style which is so focused on the shapes, I believe that my key success factor is my good knowledge about the material leather and about the production methods of bag production. When I draw up a new bag I already think about how exactly it should be cut and sewn, and this I think is important because many of the traditional bag producers used to tell me that something I wanted was impossible, but learning more and more about the production I can say today that what I draw can be made.
German designer Anne Schmitt was born in 1981 into a family business of leather goods. She grew up surrounded by the leather accessories of the family production, and throughout her school and university education (in business, not fashion) she has worked in leather goods.
From selling handbags in a store in France, to visiting tanneries in Scandinavia, New Zealand, the UK; from presenting the collection at trade shows in Milan, and working as a designer to selling to professional accounts in London and Madrid Anne has taken in all aspects of the business.
“I never wanted to study fashion… sure you can learn techniques about how to develop a collection… but you can’t ‘learn’ creativity. Either you have it, or you don’t.”
After having designed an estimated 1000 (one thousand) different glove designs Anne was looking for a new challenge, a new product: handbags.
Whilst for a glove the shape is predetermined and the design is all about the details, in her handbag creations Anne was free to focus on different shapes and experiment with forms. A pure and precise cut in combination with a distinct, sculpture-like aesthetics.
After completing her university degree she launched her own accessories brand Gretchen, with a range of handbags, belts and yes, of course also gloves.
“The base for all that I do today lies in the gloves. This tiny little accessory has taught me so much. I couldn’t have undergone a better school.”
January 2009 launch of our online shop www.mygetchen.com
October 2012 Gretchen Flagship Store Berlin opens its doors
July 2013 opening of Gretchen Store in Düsseldorf
November 2014 Launch of the Gretchen Mobile Shop
November 2011 Business trip to Korea – visiting PR Agency and taking
part in photo-session and interview for Marie Claire and SURE
March 2012 Gretchen takes part in EU Gateway Trade Mission to Japan to promote European Labels in Asia
December 2013 Businesstrip to China organized by the Bundeswirtschaftsministerium
November 2014 D2C focuses on internal designers’ collections
covering clothing and leather accessories. SS15 Gretchen, our products start to sell in their new store with location in CBD Beijing.
• Showroom Istanbul - August 2011
• Berlin Fashion Week - Preview January 2012
• Catwalk Show Gretchen Tokyo - March 2012
• Reddot Design Award Gala - July 2012
• NEW FLAGSHIPSTORE - Berlin Hackesche Höfe - October 2012
• Vita e.V Tombola - 31.October 2012
• NEW STORE - Düsseldorf - July 2013
• Gretchen at the Paris Fashion Week 28.09 - 1. October 2013
• BERLIN SHOWROOM 28. August 2013
• New Line - Gretchen Gold October 2013
• Charity Event, WIZO November 17.November 2013
• Berlin Design Selection Tour 29.11 - 08.December 2013
•Charity Tombola/ Controller Ballsport 13. December 2013
•GERMAN FASHION IN CHINA - 17.12.2013
•STYLE PREVIEW - Düsseldorf 30.01.- 05. February 2014
•STYLE PREVIEW - BERLIN 14.- 19. January 2014
•SHOWROOM - BERLIN 14.- 19. January 2014
Gretchen Store - Hackesche Höfe - Hof 4 - Brunnenhof - Rosenthalerstraße 40-41 - 10178 Berlin
•WHO'S NEXT - PARIS 25.-28. January 2014
Porte de Versailles - PREMIERE CLASSE, Hall 7.2, Stand PC 225 & 324
•SHOWROOM - DÜSSELDORF 31. January - 8. February 2014 or by Appointment
Agentur Geilke, Kaiserswertherstr. 144/ 5. OG , 40474 Düsseldorf
•SHOWROOM - BRÜSSEL 24. - 25. February and 10.-11. March 2014 - Brussels International Trade Mart
Regalo Showroom, Trade Mart Brussels, N. Birmingham 438
•CPM - MOSKAU 25. - 28. February 2014
Fairground Krasnaja Presnja - Hall 8.1 Premium, Stand A41
•CHIC - BEIJING 26.-29. March 2014
Beijing China International Exhibition Center - German Pavilion, Hall W2D
• Mipel Design Award 2010 - Lyra Shoulder Clutch
• Reddot Design Award 2012- Tango Pouch
• Spark Design Awards 2012 - Tango Small Curvy Tote
• German Design Award 2013 - Diamond Hobo
• German Design Award 2014 - Stellar Small Shoulder Bag
• Spark Design Awards 2014 - Tango Small Curvy Tote
• A’ Design Award 2014 - Tango Pouch
• DDC-Good Design Award (Germany) 2014 - Oyster clutch
• DDC-Good Design Award (Australia) 2014 - Tango Pouch
• A’ Design Award 2015 - Oyster Clutch
• A’ Design Award 2016 - Oyster Backpack
• Singapore Design Price 2015 - Oyster Backpack
• WDR World Design Rankings 2015 - #2 Designer in Germany
• China Good Design Award 2016 - Tango Pouch
• DAC world's leading Designers 2015/16 - #1 Designer of the world
• 2007, When design is unconventional, Arpel, March, Italy.
• 2007, Coups de coeur surles salons, C+, November, France.
• 2007, DPI Magazine, September, Taiwan.
• 2007, FW Press, November, Japan.
• 2007, Styling Ideen, Instyle, September, Germany.
• 2007, Nuova moda tedesca, Mdp, October, Italy.
• 2008, Arpel, September, Italy.
• 2008, Meeresrauschen, Bodystyle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Must Haves, Bunte, December, Germany.
• 2008, Burda, August, Germany.
• 2008, Our mini sacs, C+, January, France.
• 2008, Gretchen une marque, C+, June, France.
• 2008, Le blanc montante, C+, March, France.
• 2008, Trends, Dines Club Magazine, October, Germany.
• 2008, Marlene- Look, Elle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Accessoires Special, Freundin, September, Germany.
• 2008, Muster, Freundin, May, Germany.
• 2008, Beachlife, Für Sie, April, Germany.
• 2008, Hot ten, Gala, November, Germany.
• 2008, Moderne Klassiker, Hochzeitsplaner, February, Germany.
• 2008, Modereport, Instyle, March, Germany.
• 2008, Trend Clutches, Jolie, August, Germany.
• 2008, Retro Chic, In Magazin, August, Germany.
• 2008, Stylingideen, Instyle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Seventies Look/ Sculptural Dress, September, Germany.
• 2008, Hot ten, Gala, February, Germany.
• 2008, Business Class, Myself, April, Germany.
• 2008, Chain Reaction, Panache, July, USA.
• 2008, Vogue Look, Beerenauslese, Vogue, October, Germany.
• 2008, Attraktive Begleiter, Vogue, November, Germany.
just to name a few - there are many more from 2008 till 2013
•2014, Stores, Premium Magazine, No. 6, Germany
•2014, OE Magazine, No. 6, Germany
•2014, Handel mit frischen Ideen, Berliner Wirtschaft, February, Germany
2014 - Vougue - Korea
2014 - Skylines - Austria
2013 - Kempinski - Europa
2013 - My weeding - Korea
2013 - OE - Deutschland
REDDOT DESIGN AWARD 2012 - Gretchen Tango Pouch
GERMAN DESIGN AWARD 2013 - Gretchen Diamond Hobo
A DESIGN'S AWARD 2013 - Gretchen Tango Pouch
GERMAN DESIGN AWARD 2014 - Gretchen Stellar Small Shoulderbag
GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2014 - Gretchen Tango Pouch
SPARK AWARD 2014 - Gretchen Oyster Clutch
DEUTSCHER DESIGNER CLUB 2014 - Gretchen Oyster Clutch
German | Native, English | Near Native, Spanish | Advanced , French | Advanced
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, HTML
COURSES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS::
SYMPOSIUMS AND ACADEMIC CONFERENCES::
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
2015 Alliance of International Business Associations
2015 International Beurau of Service Providers
2015 International Society of Product Manufacturers
2015 International Council of Creative Industries
2015 International Council of Creative Industries
2015 International Association of Designers
2014 - Mot Just A Label
2015 - CHIC Bejing
horseback riding, designing, travelling
Awards received by Anne-Christin Schmitt
Press Members: Request an exclusive interview with Anne-Christin Schmitt.
|Follow us : Twitter | Facebook | Google+.||