This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#471: I registered for digital edition and do not know anything about conceal categories but I think I have chosen a concealed category. Are all the digital categories are concealed; i.e. did I make a mistake? How can I change my design to be public?
Concealed categories have nothing to do with digital edition or professional edition entry types; in both professional and digital editions, there are both concealed and non-concealed, public categories. You can change your design award nomination category to a public category before results are announced, but after results announcement, it is not possible to change from concealed to public category without a formal request and re-evaluation. The requests to make any changes could be accessed at account services section.
Keywords: concealed category, non-public category, public, concealed, secret, hidden
The following questions could be related:
- #132: I cannot see my design when not logged in?
- #159: I am a runner-up, will my design be included in the yearbook?
- #184: Is the exhibition open to public or only upon request? What is the official opening hours of the exhibition for the public?
- #226: Will my award winning entry publicly visible? Can I patent it after results announced?
- #281: I am a little disappointed to see that my wining packaging product, was not in any of the major publications after 24 hours from results announcement.
- #282: We have not been published in any press release that you have announced. Can you please let us know in which publication has our design been included? Are their any websites where my design is featured?
- #284: I checked previous and recent press appearances and I think you as an organization are doing well in spreading the news of the award and the competitions and some entries, that is all well , but in most press appearances I found only one instance where one of my projects was featured and there was no mention in any venue to my other awards (at least till now) and it is quite surprising that there are entries that show up in almost every press appearance. Part of why I entered A design award and I am sure all designers are seeking the same target is international media exposure and recognition of their work , and unfortunately I want to get more of that. Tell me what you will do about it?
- #287: I'm feeling pretty let down currently, In looking at the adesignaward page toady I realize that works with much lower scores than mine are being featured, please explain.
- #308: What should I do if I submitted as a digital entry but want to get a Yearbook (just Yearbook)?
- #309: Will the intellectual property rights of the designer be protected as a result of the submission of the design?
- #311: Are we obliged to credit the photogaphers by providing the names for the image credits section?
- #340: I have submitted my design. But I haven't got a patent yet. Is it safe (my design will not be stolen) if I submit my design? If there is a risk for me losing the patent of my design, I might think again before joining the competition?
- #341: Can I join the design award competition without a patent?
- #389: I noticed there are nominations...This is a concern because if it is dependent on how popular- how many likes you get from public - how can a single person compete against large design firms who can draw on a good response from great audiences?
- #390: Is it necessary that the design must be published in same year of award entry?
- #417: In the "personal profile" page, there are several fields to be completed, will this information appear in the publications or only in the website?
- #435: I am a winner but my design is not in the book, there is no poster in exhibition and it is not displayed online, why is that?
- #450: If the winner design is in a concealed category, will these works be displayed in the award ceremony in the screen or stage?
- #464: We are an advertising and public relations agency, we wish to nominate a product from one of our top clients, what do we need to and which account type do we choose.
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.