This is the public profile of Otto Kessler GmbH&Co. KG, Additional information and high-resolution images are available for accredited press members, to access additional information about Otto Kessler GmbH&Co. KG please login as a press member.
View Larger Image and Additional Photos of Otto Kessler GmbH&Co. KGSTATEMENT OF ART:
About Otto Kessler GmbH&Co. KG : The glove, the garment of this unique body part, has the function of protecting the hand against cold and damp, with minimum limitation to its flexibility, therefore the glove should ideally fit like a second skin. At the same time, the glove has to be flexible in order to adjust to the movements and the changing shapes. A well cut glove can be identified by the fact that it does not squeeze the balled fist of the wearer where the circumference of the hand is maximized, and that it fits closely when the hand is outstretched where the circumference is minimized.
Whether you design handbags or other accessories or clothes: I believe that the important thing is to find your own way to it. There are certainly many ways how to work in design, but like my own example shows you don’t necessarily have to study design, as long as you are passionate about design anyway. Apart from my very own style which is so focused on the shapes, I believe that my key success factor is my good knowledge about the material leather and about the production methods of bag production. When I draw up a new bag I already think about how exactly it should be cut and sewn, and this I think is important because many of the traditional bag producers used to tell me that something I wanted was impossible, but learning more and more about the production I can say today that what I draw can be made.
Otto Kessler GmbH & Co. KG
German designer Anne Schmitt was born in 1981 into a family business of leather goods. She grew up surrounded by the leather accessories of the family production, and throughout her school and university education (in business, not fashion) she has worked in leather goods.
From selling handbags in a store in France, to visiting tanneries in Scandinavia, New Zealand, the UK; from presenting the collection at trade shows in Milan, and working as a designer to selling to professional accounts in London and Madrid Anne has taken in all aspects of the business.
“I never wanted to study fashion… sure you can learn techniques about how to develop a collection… but you can’t ‘learn’ creativity. Either you have it, or you don’t.”
After having designed an estimated 1000 (one thousand) different glove designs Anne was looking for a new challenge, a new product: handbags.
Whilst for a glove the shape is predetermined and the design is all about the details, in her handbag creations Anne was free to focus on different shapes and experiment with forms. A pure and precise cut in combination with a distinct, sculpture-like aesthetics.
After completing her university degree she launched her own accessories brand Gretchen, with a range of handbags, belts and yes, of course also gloves.
“The base for all that I do today lies in the gloves. This tiny little accessory has taught me so much. I couldn’t have undergone a better school.”
• Showroom Istanbul - August 2011
• Berlin Fashion Week - Preview January 2012
• Catwalk Show Gretchen Tokyo - March 2012
• Reddot Design Award Gala - July 2012
• NEW FLAGSHIPSTORE - Berlin Hackesche Höfe - October 2012
• Vita e.V Tombola - 31.October 2012
• NEW STORE - Düsseldorf - July 2013
• Gretchen at the Paris Fashion Week 28.09 - 1. October 2013
• BERLIN SHOWROOM 28. August 2013
• New Line - Gretchen Gold October 2013
• Charity Event, WIZO November 17.November 2013
• Berlin Design Selection Tour 29.11 - 08.December 2013
•Charity Tombola/ Controller Ballsport 13. December 2013
•GERMAN FASHION IN CHINA - 17.12.2013
•STYLE PREVIEW - Düsseldorf 30.01.- 05. February 2014
•STYLE PREVIEW - BERLIN 14.- 19. January 2014
•SHOWROOM - BERLIN 14.- 19. January 2014
Gretchen Store - Hackesche Höfe - Hof 4 - Brunnenhof - Rosenthalerstraße 40-41 - 10178 Berlin
•WHO'S NEXT - PARIS 25.-28. January 2014
Porte de Versailles - PREMIERE CLASSE, Hall 7.2, Stand PC 225 & 324
•SHOWROOM - DÜSSELDORF 31. January - 8. February 2014 or by Appointment
Agentur Geilke, Kaiserswertherstr. 144/ 5. OG , 40474 Düsseldorf
•SHOWROOM - BRÜSSEL 24. - 25. February and 10.-11. March 2014 - Brussels International Trade Mart
Regalo Showroom, Trade Mart Brussels, N. Birmingham 438
•CPM - MOSKAU 25. - 28. February 2014
Fairground Krasnaja Presnja - Hall 8.1 Premium, Stand A41
•CHIC - BEIJING 26.-29. March 2014
Beijing China International Exhibition Center - German Pavilion, Hall W2D
• Mipel Design Award 2010 - Lyra Shoulder Clutch
• Reddot Design Award 2012- Tango Pouch
• Spark Design Awards 2012 - Tango Small Curvy Tote
• German Design Award 2013 - Diamond Hobo
• German Design Award 2014 - Stellar Small Shoulder Bag
• 2007, When design is unconventional, Arpel, March, Italy.
• 2007, Coups de coeur surles salons, C+, November, France.
• 2007, DPI Magazine, September, Taiwan.
• 2007, FW Press, November, Japan.
• 2007, Styling Ideen, Instyle, September, Germany.
• 2007, Nuova moda tedesca, Mdp, October, Italy.
• 2008, Arpel, September, Italy.
• 2008, Meeresrauschen, Bodystyle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Must Haves, Bunte, December, Germany.
• 2008, Burda, August, Germany.
• 2008, Our mini sacs, C+, January, France.
• 2008, Gretchen une marque, C+, June, France.
• 2008, Le blanc montante, C+, March, France.
• 2008, Trends, Dines Club Magazine, October, Germany.
• 2008, Marlene- Look, Elle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Accessoires Special, Freundin, September, Germany.
• 2008, Muster, Freundin, May, Germany.
• 2008, Beachlife, Für Sie, April, Germany.
• 2008, Hot ten, Gala, November, Germany.
• 2008, Moderne Klassiker, Hochzeitsplaner, February, Germany.
• 2008, Modereport, Instyle, March, Germany.
• 2008, Trend Clutches, Jolie, August, Germany.
• 2008, Retro Chic, In Magazin, August, Germany.
• 2008, Stylingideen, Instyle, October, Germany.
• 2008, Seventies Look/ Sculptural Dress, September, Germany.
• 2008, Hot ten, Gala, February, Germany.
• 2008, Business Class, Myself, April, Germany.
• 2008, Chain Reaction, Panache, July, USA.
• 2008, Vogue Look, Beerenauslese, Vogue, October, Germany.
• 2008, Attraktive Begleiter, Vogue, November, Germany.
just to name a few - there are many more from 2008 till 2013
•2014, Stores, Premium Magazine, No. 6, Germany
•2014, OE Magazine, No. 6, Germany
•2014, Handel mit frischen Ideen, Berliner Wirtschaft, February, Germany
Lederwaren Report - December 2011
Kempinski - 2013
Qvest - 2013
Schaufenster - 2013
Hochzeit - April 2015
Myfanbase - online 2015
Womenweb.de - online 2015
German | Native, English | Near Native, Spanish | Advanced , Frensh | Advanced
Abobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Basic HTML
COURSES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS::
SYMPOSIUMS AND ACADEMIC CONFERENCES::
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
2015 Alliance of International Business Associations
2015 International Beurau of Service Providers
2015 International Society of Product Manufacturers
2015 International Council of Creative Industries
2015 International Council of Creative Industries
2015 International Association of Designers
horseback riding, designing, travelling
women and men
Awards received by Otto Kessler GmbH&Co. KG
|Follow us : Twitter | Facebook | Google+.||