Shanghai is a major city forging ahead. The name of the wardrobe is a collective image of this city – image of freedom, purity and fluency of line, curiosity about the world around, vision of the future. This wardrobe uncovers for its owner values of life they have never even thought about.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
This is multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai”meeting all the requirements of the modern people.
Unique features and characteristics of the multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai”:
1. “All inclusive” system:
- includes storage places of different volume;
- built-in bedside tables being a part of frontage of the wardrobe opened and closed by one frontage push;
- 2 built-in night lamps hidden under the outstanding volume on the both sides of the bed;
- 2 PIR-based motion sensors built into the wardrobe on the both sides of the bed which is very convenient as allows for turning on and off the light by a slight wave of the hand.
2. Saves the space:
- bedside tables built-in;
- lights fitted-in.
3. Expands and clears the room space:
- mirror overhang volume makes the room deeper;
- all shelves are hidden behind the figured handicraft wall.
4. Simple and convenient in operate:
- tip-on system – mechanic opening system without handles;
- blumotion – gentle and noiseless opening.
5. Simple in cleaning and not a dust collector:
- occupies the whole floor-to-ceiling height;
- wardrobe doors are hidden;
- there are no handles on the wooden part of the wardrobe.
6. Multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” is created in a special focus of the interior and acts as a separate self-sufficient element.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
“Shanghai” multifunctional wardrobe plays significant role in creation of the room space, especially in the small rooms. Seems invisible as a wardrobe but primarily is seen as a decorative component of the interior. Frontage pattern and laconic form act as a “decorative wall”, and this makes it possible to perceive the wardrobe as a decorative component. The wardrobe released the small room from excess shelves.
The wardrobe expanded the room space by means of mirror frontage and made it an interesting detail of the interior. Side vertical elements of the outstanding volume act as a great addition to the central arrangement of the wardrobe.
Up-to-date opening accessories were applied which enables use the wardrobe without handles – this is a tip-on system. Blumotion system provides gentle and noiseless opening and closing.
“Shanghai” wardrobe releases the room from excess shelves which are needless in a small room. Behind the bed and over its head storage spaces are included. This makes it possible to store stuff of rather large volume.
The wardrobe is simple in cleaning and not a dust collector.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The manufacturing process of the multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” started in the end of July 2012 and was finished in the end of December 2012 in the city of Perm, Russia. “Multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” is being manufactured together with a wardrobe, a dressing table and a console cabinet. As soon as everything has been manufactured, Multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” was transferred to Moscow, Russia.
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Furniture, Decorative Items and Homeware Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
The multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” is made of MDF- bleached oak-tree, which is an eco-friendly and safe material. The main part of the cupboard is made of tiny wooden shaped piece. The elevation is hand made. It consists of 1500 pieces of kempas and 4500 pieces of bleached oak. They are glued together and covered by several coatings of varnish. A projected part of the cupboard, mirror with UV printing according to designer's sketchers. The picture 1:1 fits in with ornamental wooden bars.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Overall size of the cupboard is following: height - 2995 mm, width - 3270 mm, depth of the main part - 250mm, depth of a projected mirror part-350 mm.
Multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” up-to-date wardrobe, comfortable wardrobe, "Shanghai", a cupboard by Julia Subbotina.
I agreed the idea of the multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” with the customer in the short term. There were some difficulties , because the price always plays an important role. Eventually I found a company in the city of Perm. The multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” was to a good quality. The manufacturing process of multifunction wardrobe “Shanghai” was proceeding slowly. However, it was carried out . Manual work required patience, not only with the manufacturers- I had to be patient too. As a result, the product did not leave anyone indifferent!
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
The idea, visualization, drawings, supervision, selection of materials - everything is the work of the architect-designer Julia Subbotina.
Julia Subbotina, 2012.