This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#236: Are the submissions without a prototype judged on equal grounds as those who have one?
Sending a prototype does not guarantee an improvement in the score at all: If you would send a perfect prototype, it could perhaps help, but what if your prototype has defects; in this case it could indeed decrease your score. It is true that building a prototype is costly, thus we have a scoring mechanism that does not create a bias towards entries with prototypes; i.e. entries without a prototype are judged on equal grounds as entries with prototypes. Since prototypes are a way of presentation, they could very well be substituted by a better visual-graphic presentation.
Keywords: prototypes, judging, scoring, evaluation
The following questions could be related:
- #151: I have received many status updates, what do they mean?
- #161: I have received an email stating that I have passed the preliminaries, but do I need to nominate my submission to win, could you please explain how this works?
- #228: I see the furniture design competition states that the packaging is to be part of the design. I see that the winners do not include packaging and the primary image requirements do not mention anything about packaging. Is packaging a part of the furniture design submission?
- #247: I wanted to inquire on what is the average time duration for the free preliminary evaluation to complete to know if our designs are adequate for nomination.
- #256: How can I know if my design project is good enough to win the contest?
- #302: I wanted to ask, how can I get a comment of a project from Preliminary Checking Service? I just uploaded a project description and images. Do I only need to wait or do I need to inform someone that I want to get a preliminary score?
- #320: We have just updated all the text fields with better descriptions. However, after we've done that, the preliminary score we received earlier, seems to have disappeared. Is there a particular reason for that? Moreover, is it possible to get a new preliminary score (besides the professional preliminary evaluation) ?
- #335: At the end of the competition, I would like to ask you about preliminary score, it decreased the last day, can you please increase it?
- #354: What is the competition criteria?
- #368: If someone's submitted design gets selected in the A' Design Award
then he/she has to make that design in Actual form immediately? If yes, how much time is provided for that ?
- #414: My friend has not gotten any preliminary score, there is a question mark in her page, how she can get preliminary score?
- #415: I have updated the details of the entry as well as images, but my preliminary score remained the same. Is that because there are no more evaluations before the deadline? I am too late for a preliminary score?
- #441: I had nominated my design and got a Preliminary Evaluation and score. As your suggestion, I am working on editing my design and updates, can I still get a Preliminary Evaluation again with free of charge?
- #462: I have uploaded my designs in my hidden cabinet, and I would like to use Preliminary check before nomination. How could i activate this service?
- #470: I have submitted my designs but did not get scores, did I forgot anything?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.