This is the public profile of Cherif Morsi, Additional information and high-resolution images are available for accredited press members, to access additional information about Cherif Morsi please login as a press member.
About Cherif Morsi : An accomplished architect and designer, Cherif has excelled in most of his projects be it architectural, interior, graphic, event or product design for he will always find the best design solution to provide his clients with the simplest most interesting solution given the context. Is a strong believer all types of design are inter-linked. He is considered as one of the most prolific designers from the Middle East being one of a handful of designers from that part of the world to have designed products for some of the most respected international design power brands such as Sawaya & Moroni, Italy (sawayamoroni.com), Droog, The Netherlands (droogdesign.nl), Covo, Italy (covo.it) etc. He has been represented through his products at the biggest most influential design fair in the world, the Milan Fair (the Salone Del Mobile) since 2004 till our present day on a yearly basis without interruption, a testimony to Cherif’s design abilities. He likes his work to fall under the banner “Creative Simplicity” which is clear in his approach and is the link between all of his projects to date.STATEMENT OF ART:
To reach the required vision and function, each type of design has its own set of parameters that are obviously different in terms of complexity and solving routes. Products such as chairs need to be constantly developed till they reach the required level of comfort for the usage they were designed for. This development can sometimes take years to complete. Chairs need to be comfortable, durable, aesthetically pleasing as well as original. Sometimes, I feel designing a chair can be a lot more challenging than designing an interior even if the latter deals with a multitude of components that constitute the internal space. It has a lot to do with how each component like chairs, walls, lights, circulation etc. “communicate” with each other to create an adequate environment and fulfilling the aspirations and needs of its users and most importantly, enhance the interior space’s architecture. Good product design is usually an item that would fit instantly in the interior type it was designed. An interior is where products have a reason to be. In comparison, products are a microcosm of their own components that constitute them. In that respect, products and interiors are very similar.
Cherif Morsi Designer
Cairo University, Faculty Of Engineering, Architectural department, Cairo, Egypt, 1994
Has own design studio since 1997
Tought at the German University of Cairo, Product design assistant lecturer, 2012/2013
International design contest by ALESSI, Italy, 2000 in which more than 750 international designers participated and only 11, Cherif’s included, made it to the final selection.
International design contest by DesignBoom/COCIF curated by Philippe Starck, Subsequently, his design was part of a group exhibition at the world famous Triennale Di Milano, Italy, 2005
Droog T-shirt design competition, 2006
- Door design published in “A Door to Paradise” book published by DesignBoom, one of the biggest design blogs in the world, Italy 2005
- TV Appearance in El Beit Beitak program with the Egyptian Designers Forum members, 2006, Egypt
- TV Appearance on Dream design show, 2006, Egypt
- Radio appearance on Nile FM, Indulge Yourself With Cadbury’s program special guest, 2006, Egypt
- International publications: DROOG design book (Holland, 2006),
- Residences Decoration (France, 2008),
- INTERNI (Italy, 2007),
- L’Officiel Design (France, 2007, 2008)
- Numerous local publications such as: El Beit magazine, Community Times, El Akhbar, Insight etc. Egypt
- Featured in Monitor Magazine, Russia, 2005- 2006 -2007
- Special feature in El Beit Magazine, 2009, Egypt
- Special feature in ERA magazine, 2008, Egypt
- Special feature in Magaz magazine, 2010, Egypt
- Appearance on Channel 2 television broadcast for +20 Design, Egypt, 2010
- Special Guest on Nojoom FM radio, November 2011, Egypt
- Special feature in KALLIMAT magazine, a London publication, 2012
- Editorial about Cherif Morsi in El Beit magazine, Egypt, October 2013
- Comprehensive Internet presence. Google key search words: “Cherif Morsi”, “ Cherif Morsi Designer”, “Cherif Morsi lamp” etc.
French "," Arabic "," English "," Italian
-Member of Jury for the urban design competition organized by the American university in CAIRO, Cairo, Egypt, 2012
-Member of jury for EFEC Design + Industry competitions, Egypt, 2013 & 2014
"Sawaya & Moroni","COVO","Droog","Chi Ha Paura","Orascom Hotels Holding"
Awards received by Cherif Morsi
Press Members: Request an exclusive interview with Cherif Morsi.
|Follow us : Twitter | Facebook | Google+.||