Butterfly Twin Chair
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
Weinbaum has been studying the design guidelines of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair since 2010, our company manufactures the chair in the greatest possible accordance with the original model (1938, Buenos Aires). Based on our in-depth discussion with the history of the design, we have applied the concept of repetition to the chair and expanded its original dimensions by one seat. The resulting Butterfly Twin Chair is produced in the heart of Europe with premium materials from hand-selected suppliers.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The project started in 2010 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany and finished in August 2012. It was exhibited in Red Dot Design Award Museum Essen in 2013 and Red Dot Design Award Museum Singapore in 2014.
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Furniture, Decorative Items and Homeware Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
* Design: Bárbara Giménez Weinbaum, Frankfurt am Main 2012
* Dimensions: W 132 cm, H 89 cm, D 80 cm, Seat height 38 cm
* Weight: 11,250 g
* Frame: brushed stainless steel
* Racial and processing: Holstein ("saddle", cattle bare neck, thickness: 3.5 mm), handmade and hand-picked, odorless, without noticeable scars
* Available colors: in addition to tobacco brown in honey brown, coffee brown, white and black
Butterfly Chair, Butterfly Twin Chair, Weinbaum,
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
Barbara Giménez Weinbaum, 2016.
Copyright belong to Weinbaum