Bicycle Storage Solution
Urban cycling is growing and more people are keeping their bicycles in their living quarters. Our idea was to create a solution which helps to store bicycle inside with function to keep floors and walls clean from dirt, mud, sand and other debris which stick to a bike after a ride.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The World's First Indoor bicycle cover, patented. Cocoons bike frame and tires in a super-stretchy, beautifully designed cover that holds dirt inside, at the bottom, while your space stays neat and tidy. Fits 99% of adult bicycles. Absorbs water and dries fast. Cover designs are inspired by contemporary trends, sports, and nature.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
We recommend to fit a Velo Sock before carrying bike into the home.
1. Place the front wheel of your bike inside the Velo Sock
2. Place your foot inside the Velo Sock. With the aid of your foot, pull the sock back, up and around the pedals and the back wheel.
3. With your hands gently pull the Velo Sock cover the back wheel.
Removing the Velo Sock is even easier – push the bike forward and the sock will easily slip off.
One-piece design: no zippers, clips or fasteners to get stuck on bicycle parts.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The project started in February 2013 and finished in May 2014.
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
The cover is made from one of the most stretchy fabrics in the market (90% Polyester, 10% Spandex) with rubber thread. The design is made in sublimation print.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Wight 1460 mm x Depth 10 mm x Height 60 mm
Bicycle covers, bicycle storage solutions, bicycle accessories
The challenge was to create a product form for one-piece design with no zippers, clips or fasteners to get stuck on bicycle parts and to find the most stretchy fabric in the market to fit all adult bicycles.
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
Gvido Bajars, 2016.
1. Patent No: 001361612-0001. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2013. Jurisdiction: European Union.
2. Patent No: 2015501879. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2015. Jurisdiction: Russia.
3. Patent No: 29/458,816. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2013. Jurisdiction: USA.
4. Patent No: B221000100. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2015. Jurisdiction: Japan.
5. Patent No: DM/085 234. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2014. Jurisdiction: Latvia, Norway, South Korea, Singapur.
6. Patent No: 2014072900000640. Patent Holder: Velo Sock SIA. Year: 2014. Jurisdiction: China.
For copyrights: "Copyrights belong to Velo Sock SIA"