SUIGETSU JAPANESE RESTAURANT
Chongqing is located right at the crosspoint of Yang Zi and Jia Ling River. This crosspoint inspired us to make a confusion of nature landscape features and restaurant interior design together.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
1. We combined both ChongQing and Japanese culture in this restaurant. Some of the features were coming from ChongQing's traditional culture. While Japanese culture also play an important role in it.
2. You can feel the varies changes of ChongQing's landscape by all the hight differences of the floor.
3. The plan arrangements combined Chinese Fengshui culture.
4. This restaurant can not be defined as a Japanese restaurant, nor a Chongqing restaurant. It absorbed the similar features of these two place.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
The arrangement of the restaurant's plan was referred to the flowing path of Yang Zi and Jia Ling River. People's walking path can be regarded as the trends of water.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The project was located in 3rd Floor, tower A, Crystal Palace, Xin nan Road No160, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China. It was started in January 2016 and finished in August 2016. The opening time was in September 2016.
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Food, Beverage and Culinary Arts Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
1. The shape of the ceiling were inspired by traditional folded fan. It used aluminum alloy as bones, with wood textures on the surface. 2.The connected points were used traditional Chinese Sun Mou technology, in a simplified way.
3.Different angles of the ceiling indicated the traditional Chinese umbrella bones.
4. All the blowing boxes on the facade actually coming from the traditional lamp festival in Chongqing. However, Japanese people also have this tradition. Considering about the semi-transparency of the paper surface of lamp, we used acrylic as a modern metaphor. When the night comes, all the light on the facade can always remind people of the flying lamps shining on the lamp festival day.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Total area:370 square meters
Combination, Transforming, Nature-related
The research included natural landscapes, Japanese and Chinese cultures' similarities and differences, traditional carpenter technology and Chinese unique Feng Shui culture.
We've done those research by reading books, studying geometry knowledges, interviewing residents and traveling around ChongQing to collect images.
Two sides of the walls were glass facade. This limitation contributed to huge light differences of the restaurant during the day and on the night. So that we refined the appearance of the acrylic light box. During day time, customers can appreciate the compound of the structure. While on the night, those light provide both light and visual attractiveness.
TEAM MEMBERS (4) :
Designer Name:TOMOHIRO KATSUKI, Designer Name:MASANORI KOBAYASHI, and
Studio W / Wataru Ishida