"Krones bicycle bottle"
"Cycling bottle printed with DecoType"
The Krones Bicycle bottle gives a skope on the technical and practical Know-How of the Krones Company by showing through this one product, a wide range of posibilities as regards the company's filling technologies and the design.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
Cycling bottle printed with DecoType. Robust, washable, squeezable – actually a perfect bottle for sport lovers as it fits ideally into a bicycle bottle holder and its ergonomic grip section also makes it the perfect work-out accompaniment.The already atractive looking blank bottle, may turn into a collectable articel by changing its looks. A variety of exterior colors/motives, created with the help of the DekoType Technologie from Krones, keeps giving the the viewer new impressions/sensations.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
In the bike's bottle holder as well as in the Gym and outdoors, the product proves to be a full function eye catcher. The already atractive looking blank bottle, may turn into a collectable articel by changing its looks.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The Project started in November 2014 and finished Juli 2015, and was exhibit on the "Brau" Nürnberg in Oktober 2015.
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
The bottle is made of PET.
Produced with stretchmouldblowing-technology.
Printing with Krones DecoType
System for direct printing of containers
Krones DecoType is an inkjet printing system for decorating plastic
containers without using labels.
An inkjet process is used to apply ink to areas not amenable to labelling. It’s not only the elimination of labels and adhesive that makes DecoType financially attractive. Simple change-overs at the touch of a button create flexibility, and the producer can react more quickly to new trends. The printed bottles are 100% recyclable and there is no ink
migration into the product.
Digital direct printing on containers and packages opens up abundant new options.
Benefits of the DecoType process for the container decoration
- Quick realisation of up-to-date decorations and local product versions in printed design, as
well as single product tracking
- High system availability due to short change-over times
- Time to market: Quick reaction to changes in the market and new trends
- Independent of label supplier
- Printed bottles 100% recycable
Saving of material
- Exact production quantities possible, no waste of labels
- Reduced logistics, no storing of labels
- No use of adhesive
- Printing of areas that cannot be labelled and use of structure printing
- Simple integration of variable data such as bar codes, QR codes, raffle codes
- Product personalization
- Efficient production of small batch sizes together with increased individualisation
- Printing of cylindrical bottles and specially-shaped containers on one machine
- Printing onto different container materials
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Geometric Details regarding to the 850 ml bottle:
Diameter´: 74,5 mm,
Overall height: 247,2 mm,
Weight (Preform): 34g
Decotype, collectable articel, ergonomic grip, Krones, information colors and motives printed on the bottle body, without using labels,
Notes of us:
Type of Research – Market research European wide
Research Objectives – existing bottles and concepts
Biking is the on going graphic theme followed through all of the desings. In this cavity both the sport's aspect and the technical posibilities of the DekoType Technologie are masterly merged and highlighted.
TEAM MEMBERS (3) :
"Designer:Stefan Plath", "Creative Director:Timo Janssen" and "Technical Director:Jochen Forsthoevel"
"Stefan Plath", 2015.