laPlus Unconventional Electric Vehicle by Tiberio Maffeo

Home > Winners > #41782


DESIGN DETAILS
DESIGN NAME:
laPlus

PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Unconventional Electric Vehicle

INSPIRATION:
The aesthetic part of the laPlus derives from the observation of some artistic representations of the Einstein-Rosen Bridge, a hypothetical topological feature that would fundamentally be a shortcut through spacetime that links two universes.

UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The most interesting and innovative part of the project are the airless rubber tracks, which are actually a project in development themselves. The interior of these particular tracks is made of flexible polyurethane spokes which are used to support an outer cable-reinforced band of conventional rubber track. These engineered compliant components assume the shock-absorbing role provided by the compressed air in a traditional tire.

OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
The power unit of the laPlus is composed by two highly efficient electric motors of in-wheel type. Their position allows to have an inner space of about 70% of the entire volume of the vehicle. The remaining 30% is occupied by the battery and by the plates for inductive charging places on the bottom.

PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The laPlus project started in 2012 as a thesis work for the Second University of Naples. In 2015 it has passed the stage of professional concept with plans to build a prototype within 2017.

PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
Aluminium Unibody, special Rubber Trucks with airless structure, In-Wheel Electric Motors, Lithium-ion battery, Inductive charging System, HUD Display

SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Width 1900 mm x Length 2300 mm x Height 1500 mm

TAGS:
-

RESEARCH ABSTRACT:
-

CHALLENGE:
In our common imagery, the mobility of vehicles means almost exclusively wheels, but there are many traction systems that have excellent features usable along with other technologies to solve the problems of urban mobility and, perhaps, to create a new era in transportation design.

ADDED DATE:
2015-06-26 09:57:33

TEAM MEMBERS (1) :


IMAGE CREDITS:
Tiberio Maffeo, 2015.

VOTE FOR THIS DESIGN

VOTE FOR THIS ENTRY

CLIENT/STUDIO/BRAND DETAILS
NAME:
CEV Lab

PROFILE:
Cev lab was founded in 2014 and based in Lainate, Milan, as specialized engineering unit of the Zadi Group. The aim is to become a point of convergence for all R&D and laboratory services concerning the Zadi Group main business as the integrated systems for the safety, lighting devices and dashboards of motorcycles, agricultural vehicles and recreational vehicles.

NOMINATION DETAILS

Laplus Unconventional Electric Vehicle by Tiberio Maffeo is a Nominee in Futuristic Design Category.

· This project is currently confidential as results have not been announced yet. Images and further details of the project is not available for public yet, please check back later. If you are the owner of this design, please login to view the images.

· Click here to register today inorder to be able to view the profile and other works by Tiberio Maffeo when results are announced.
AWARD DETAILS

Laplus Unconventional Electric Vehicle by Tiberio Maffeo is Winner in Futuristic Design Category, 2015 - 2016.



· Press Members: Login or Register to request an exclusive interview with Tiberio Maffeo.

· Click here to register inorder to view the profile and other works by Tiberio Maffeo.
SOCIAL
+ Add to Likes / Favorites | Send to My Email | Comment | Testimonials | View Press-Release | Press Kit
See other A' Design Award and Competition WinnersA' Design Award Presentation Submit Your Designs
 
design award logo

BENEFITS
THE DESIGN PRIZE
WINNERS SERVICES
PR CAMPAIGN
PRESS RELEASE
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
AWARD TROPHY
AWARD CERTIFICATE
AWARD WINNER LOGO
PRIME DESIGN MARK
BUY & SELL DESIGN
DESIGN BUSINESS NETWORK
AWARD SUPPLEMENT

METHODOLOGY
DESIGN AWARD JURY
PRELIMINARY SCORE
VOTING SYSTEM
EVALUATION CRITERIA
METHODOLOGY
BENEFITS FOR WINNERS
PRIVACY POLICY
ELIGIBILITY
FEEDBACK
WINNERS' MANUAL
PROOF OF CREATION
WINNER KIT CONTENTS
FAIR JUDGING
AWARD YEARBOOK
AWARD GALA NIGHT
AWARD EXHIBITION

MAKING AN ENTRY
ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
REGISTRATION
ALL CATEGORIES

FEES & DATES
FURTHER FEES POLICY
MAKING A PAYMENT
PAYMENT METHODS
DATES & FEES

TRENDS & REPORTS
DESIGN TRENDS
DESIGNER REPORTS
DESIGNER PROFILES
DESIGN INTERVIEWS

ABOUT
THE AWARD
AWARD IN NUMBERS
HOMEPAGE
AWARD WINNING DESIGNS
DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
MUSEUM OF DESIGN
PRIME CLUBS
SITEMAP
RESOURCE

RANKINGS
DESIGNER RANKINGS
WORLD DESIGN RANKINGS
DESIGN CLASSIFICATIONS
POPULAR DESIGNERS

CORPORATE
GET INVOLVED
SPONSOR AN AWARD
BENEFITS FOR SPONSORS

PRESS
DOWNLOADS
PRESS-KITS
PRESS PORTAL
LIST OF WINNERS
PUBLICATIONS
RANKINGS
CALL FOR ENTRIES
RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT

CONTACT US
CONTACT US
GET SUPPORT

Follow us : Twitter Twitter | Twitter Facebook | Twitter Google+.
Share |