In the 21th Century, the use of high contemporary technologies, of new materials or of extreme new forms is not a must to do innovations.
Just watch on the nature, take time to feel it and still a lot of things have to be created!
Perhaps is it just 'the art of the simplicity'.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
Adaptable jewelry using only the threading and the gravity as base for the modularity. The collection is based on the use of 3 elements : stones or pearls ranges, pendants made of natural stones, pearls or cristals and some metal pieces especially design to use correctly the gravity. Using this principle, it creates a delicate collection, giving an impress of lace agreemented with precious stones and pearls. A romantic and glamour design wich is at the same time innovative.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
The technology used is really simple (the use of the gravity and the threading) and however it allows to design a complete collection of adaptable jewelry. The technology being simple, the production cost is low (regarding the work) and the esthetic very light and subtle.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The project started in February 2013 in Brussels.
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
Metal elements : as prototypes, realized by folding and beating silver wire.
Pearls or stones ranges : hand made threading with intermediate nodes.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Packaging : need a adapted packaging for adaptable jewelry.
Size : depending on the elements.
Diameter of the silver wire for metal elements : between 1.2 and 1.5 mm, depending on the element and the place on the element.
Jewelry, adaptable, gravity, threading, pearls, stones
1) First a conceptual research to define the technology for the modularity and after a applicated research to create the design of all the metal pieces.
2) Objectives are to create adaptable jewelry using the more simple concept and technology possible : I choice the gravity and the threading. It allows me to prove that innovation, in the 21 Century can still be developped on basic principles and not only on advanced technologies.
3) Methodology : watch on the nature and feel it / choice of my approach / with the sheet and the pen drawing models / models realizations
4) No research tool used, only a small studio, a sheet and a pen.
5) Experiment : I wear all my creations, so I see what I have to change or adapt to be more elegant, more solid and more easy to use.
6) Results : a collection easy to produce, even with nearly no working tools, easy to wear. Classic in the look, some pieces are even like "Art Nouveau", and innovative in the modularity technology. Allows to work with natural stones ranges, pearls, stone pendants, ... : perfectly adapted for jewelry with precious stones and pearls.
The challenge was to create a collection of adaptable jewelry based on fundamentals principles. Once found, it was no more a problem and I did'nt meet obstacles.
Just, I do not find stones in Belgium, I'll have to go in Germany to buy it and continue the collection.
Legal aspects : being a concept, using a very basic technology, to protect it I had to protect separately each of my metal design (see the document attached). It is logic, these elements are really my added value on this work.
TEAM MEMBERS (3) :
Anne Dumont - Designer, Christophe Vrankenne - Photography and Serge Flecijn - Attorney
Image 1 : Photographer Christophe Vrankenne, Gravity, 2014
Image 2 : Photographer Christophe Vrankenne, Gravity, 2014
Image 3 : Photographer Christophe Vrankenne, Gravity, 2014
Image 4 : Photographer Christophe Vrankenne, Gravity, 2014
Image 5 : Photographer Christophe Vrankenne, Gravity, 2014