Saxound is a unique concept inspired from some of the leading speakers in the world. It is a fusion of the best innovation that has been made already few years ago, with a blend of our own innovation, thus making it a whole new experience for the people. The product itself stands for its best in build quality and assembly. It brings a whole new method of manufacturing technique, which will be way more efficient for today's standard.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The core elements of Saxound are the cylindrical shape and threading assembly. The dimensions of Saxound is inspired from a regular compact disc of 13 centimeter of diameter and a height of 9.5 centimeter, which can be displaced by one hand. It consist of two 1”tweeters, two 2”mid drivers and one bass radiator. Saxound is majorly divide into four parts, the one button, the base battery, pentagonal module and the module cover (aluminium mesh) and are connected by threading. The main materials used in this speaker are aluminium for its body and poly-carbonate for the button. Poly-carbonate is used for its unbreakable reliability, since the one button is the only user contact part. Usage of other materials like metals or woods for the button may lead to dents or cracks respectively. This speaker creates a new space in the category of wireless speakers on the basis of manufacturing technique, form-factor and user experience.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
(a). THREADS: The four parts are attached by threading and not by screws like other do. This helps in making
the speaker more strong as it is a piece of rock.
(b). COPPER CONNECTORS: The One button, Pentagonal module and the battery are linked by copper
connecting tubes. This helps in giving a sturdy connection from the base battery.
(c). SILICON SAVERS: The internal module is a fusion of hard bio plastic with shock resistant silicon savers. It saves
the 5 drivers when accident occurs by not letting inertia to the drivers.
1. ONE BUTTON: The whole system has only one physical button which is used for numerous operations.
2. LED NOTIFICATION: A circular LED helps to notify the happening operation by either blinking or
3. HEX KEY SLOT: Hex key holes are placed in middle of the upper surface of the drivers module for having a hassle free removal.
4. ALUMINIUM MESH: Perforated aluminum cylinder is used to cover the raw module as well as acting
as the outer body.
5. CHROME RING: It helps in bring a premium look and may even create an emotional bond between
the consumer and design.
6. CIRCUIT BOARD: The circuit board is placed beneath the button thus giving it a closer connection to
the drivers module.
7. PENTAGONAL MODULE: The drivers are assembled in a pentagonal row thus making the form factor
8. RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: The battery is placed at the bottom of the speaker thus making it easy for replacement.
9. ANTI SKID GRIP: A rubberized and no-residue sticky material is used in the bottom of the speaker
that can with stand nominal shakes and vibration. Thus making it more comfortable even on dash board.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
The project was started around early October 2012 and ended by late January 2013.
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Digital and Electronic Devices Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
Aluminium Body, Break free polymers, Shock proof Silicons, Chrome and rubberized grips.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Dimension : 130 mm x 130 mm x 95 mm
wireless speakers , speakers , portable speakers , airplay speakers
The most challenged problem was to line up the array of sound drivers in a small factor assembly.
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
Syed Tajudeen Abdul Rahman, 2012.