A household CPR & AED unit
We are living longer, more independent, yet not healthier. My target market are elderly couples that live on their own; as they are at the highest risk, the most likely to suffer from permanent brain damage, and the least physically capable to prevent such consequences.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
Too many lives are lost to cardiac arrest every year, because the appropriate medical response was simply not available in time. Heart Aid is designed to fill the critical void in time between the start of a heart attack to the arrival of the paramedics; empowering those closest to the victim to provide the optimal 74% chance of survival to their loved one.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
An ergonomic design that reduces errors & saves lives!
• Automatically calls 911 once powered on, so you don’t have to!
• Live video call with paramedics; Guiding you through every step
• Defibrillation is done OVER clothing, not under; saving time!
• Easy to follow AED & CPR video tutorials on large flexible HD Amolded screen.
• Increases chances of survival 50-74 %!
• Compact designs: easy storage in the home.
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Scientific Instruments, Medical Devices and Research Equipment Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Solutions in the market are not designed for the elderly to operate them, nor cater to the vital combination of CPR & AED, they require:
• Lifting of the patient
• Removing upper garments
• Keeping airway clear
• Only prompt you to start CPR
• Keeping up with the robotic voice prompt instructions (no personal guidance)
• Getting to the phone in time to call the 911!
They are solutions for fast acting young, AND recently CPR trained individuals!
My target market is elderly couples that live on their own; as they are at the highest risk, the most likely to suffer from permanent brain damage, and the least physically capable to prevent such consequences.
We are living longer, more independent, yet not healthier.
Heart Aid, assume that you won’t
• Remember CPR training
• Have time to run to the phone & get the AED unit,
• Have the strength or time to remove the victims upper garments
CONCEPT: “As simple as a pillow and a blanket, and as familiar as tucking someone in!” Designed to be used in a cleverly familiar way; when someone at home is sick, we tuck them in with a pillow and a blanket!
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
Sahar Madanat Haddad, 2011.