Design Award Supplement
The Design Award Supplement (DAS) is a document accompanying the A’ Design Award Prize, providing an in-depth description of the design award, explaining its nature, level, context, content and status in a consistent and systematic way. The Design Award Supplement explains the design competition in a clear and easy to understand manner, like an audit.
The Design Award Supplement was created since there are thousands of new design awards and competitions born and die each year, like stars in a galaxy. However unlike stars, the composition and structure of design awards vary worldwide, even the established awards are constantly changing their evaluation systems and methodologies. With an increasing number of designers seeking fair recognition of their qualifications and design work globally, the Design Award Supplement is handy and required to clearly explain the award won. The Design Award Supplement is a response to the need of communicating award quality and significance.
The Design Award Supplement is designed as an aid to help recognition – it is not a CV or a substitute for the original qualification; it explains the design award won and can be useful for communication with the media. The Design Award Supplement is different from the award certificate since unlike an award certificate which is framed and exhibited, the design award supplement is intended to further communicate and explain the award and the achievement.
The Design Award Supplement has the following sections of information:
- The holder of the achievement: The name and surname of the person who has won the achievement, as well as birth day for identification purposes.
- The awarded work: Function and name of the awarded work, as well as nomination and award date and qualification level of the awarded work.
- The award level achievement: There are different award levels and qualification at A’ Design Awards, the certificate explains the level of achievement for the given work.
- Short information on the A’ Design Award and Competition. Information on Eligibility, Evaluation Methodology, Award Jury, Results, Prize and Contacts.
- Textual Description. Detailed information on the A’ Design Award and Competition. Overall contents together with statistical data and methodology details as well as other relevant information.
- Additional Information such as World Design Rankings, Designer Rankings, Award Website, Press Kit and Other Relevant Information.
All award have the right to receive the Design Award Supplement automatically, free and in a major language. A’ Design Award and Competition works hard to provide the Diploma Supplements also in other languages in order to explain the accolades the right way and in right format. Winners can access the DAS - Design Award Supplement from their control panel under post competition tab.
Design Award Supplement Benefits
Benefits of the Design Award Supplement are many: For award winners, the DAS helps to explain the design award achievement in a more readable and easily comparable way by providing a precise description of their work, the award and the design achievement. The DAS also aims to help the winners get more opportunities for dissemination and communication. The DAS aims also to help participants to get more press features by giving answers the most commonly asked questions by press members and editors about the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the accolades. The DAS aims to enhance the communication of the awards, as well as to provide a greater visibility of the winners by helping press members and audiences who read the Design Award Supplement to make informed judgements about the qualifications of the awarded works by accessing transparent information, data and statistics. The DAS is a way of benchmarking winners internationally, a way of comparing and understanding their achievements. Since the DAS is available in many other languages, it allows award winners to get an additional opportunity to be featured in other countries, helping winners go global by increasing their national and international reputation and recognition.