This is a respond to a previously asked question about the A' Design Award and Competition. The full list of frequently asked questions can be accessed here.
#60: Do I need to have a patented, labelled, trademarked or registered product, design or idea to participate in the competition?
In order to join the competition, you do not need to patent, label, trademark or register your products, designs or ideas. You can join with designs, products or ideas that are not patented, labelled, registered or trademarked.
Keywords: design trademark, design patent, design labeling, design registration, registered design, trademarked design, patented designs, registered products
The following questions could be related:
- #61: Can I join with my patented, registered, trademarked or labelled products, designs or ideas?
- #134: I am interested in joining the Design competition, but I do not have the copyrights or patents regarding my idea/design. I would like to know if I am eligible without them. If I apply without a patent, what could ensure that my idea/design is secure, how can I protect my design/idea.
- #156: Concerning the privacy and publishing settings I am not quite sure which option to go for. I have no patent for my product, yet if I should be a winner then I would be most interested in having my design published and sent to the press. If my design is seen in various media after I have filed for a patent then I would be more reassured. However, if press release takes place when no measures have been taken to obtain a patent, then this would be risky.
- #157: I have my brand or logo patented in my country only. If I were to show this logo in publications, would this be detrimental to the continued existence of my brand, since it will be exposed at an international level where I have no protection. Would an additional copyright covering 164 countries help ?
- #199: I have an approved patent for my design, can I still join the design competition?
- #226: Will my award winning entry publicly visible? Can I patent it after results announced?
- #286: I would like to know who will have the patent of designed product. will it belong to winner or your committee?
- #340: I have submitted my design. But I haven't got a patent yet. Is it safe (my design will not be stolen) if I submit my design? If there is a risk for me losing the patent of my design, I might think again before joining the competition?
If you did not find your answer, please feel free to check the faq pages for more questions and answers.